Orange Diamond Goby - Valenciennea puellaris

I was thinking about adding a Diamond Goby to my 35g. I have never kept a fish like this. I want some thing that will keep my crushed coral stirred up and nice and white. Will this fish accomplish this?

If you want something that stirs up and cleans the sand well, then try the Yellow headed goby that I posted a lnk to below. It is about the best goby for the job. I used to have one and it cleaned the sand in the entire tank!! I want to also warn you though, depending on the current in your tank, you might not end up wanting something that sifts the sand. In my tank, the current is good and this guy sifted so much that there was always tons of silt in the watercolumn and it would settle on the rocks everywhere. When this happens, obviously algae will be able to get a foothold and start to grow. My tank became horrible looking just because of this so much that I ended up taking the goby out and had to clean all the rock to rid the algae.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...=21&pCatId=213

how big was your tank? i have a 35g with and emp 400, bakpak skimmer and a power head in the corner. i usually only have the emp on med speed and i can eliminate the power head to cut back the current

My tank is a 125 gal. Definitely bigger than yours.

thanks for the reply though... i will check out the yellow headed as well. thanks

Not really the best fish for your tank. They sift a finer sand than crushed coral. Cant get the larger size through their flaps. They will poke around in it though and mine always ate everything I fed it. Love mysis shrimp and Hakarii Marine "A" pellets.

Like most of the sleeper gobies, some have been know not to eat, except for live food and starved. They are also very prolific jumpers.
    Doug