Question Help!! Seachem Iodine test calibration

Hey everyone,
    I just got a Seachem Iodine/Iodide test kit and can't seem to calibrate it. I've tried a few times and even tried different ways that I thought the test kit meant in it's instructions. I am confused . This thing is getting the better of me, I tried to talking to the LFS I bought it from and he said they are new and don't go bad. I read on Seachem site that there was a problem with one of the reagents and I could ask them for a new one.

I am not sure if I am calibrating it properly.
    I am using the Iodine refenece solution in liue of the distilled water/ 2a, 2b solution mix for calibrating. Is this right? I read it as, use the reference solution instead of the water for steps 3 and 4 in the instructions. I have sent an email to Seachem tonight, but thought I would try all of you also for a faster answer maybe.

HELP!!!!!

All I can say is GOOD LUCK, sorry. I tried that test kit for a while and got absolutely nowhere. I hope you do better that I did. I really don't think there exists a reliable hobby grade iodine test kit, it's tough to test for.... I'd like to be wrong...
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

That's good to know so I will not find myself owning one if they are hard to use and / or not reliable
    Rob

Well Seachem has emailed me back and said that they are sending me new reagents and new updated user friendly instructions they have. The reagents are bad.

Thanks I will try to keep you updated how the new stuff works when it shows up.