shrooms changing color

My boring brown discomas, that came with some others, are changing color.
    I put an extra 25kg's of DSB in the tank 5 days ago and after this the change happened, but the DSB's not mature enough to promote positive change. Also the change induced a mini cycle with detectable ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, low alk and PH and calcium. (Basically a little messy). I've done 3 water changes and the tanks back to normal now, except for a very slight nitrite reading, that's almost undetectable.
    The Discomas are now predominantly a reddish/pinkish color with green around the edges, and the polyps are very visible and extended. Prior they were flat and brown.
    They almost look like under-developed Ricordia Yummi's now. In fact they now look good!!!!
    Any insights? Or ideas?
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

ijo
    yes... you need to bring them here as soon as you can... this type of color is not sutable for your aquarium... hehe...

That is great news tiffany!! its always nice to see a corals true colors revealed. Sometimes you save a bundle purchasing browns corals only to find out they were not brown at all. I would say those shrooms are very happy.

IJO

If you haven't had them long it may not have anything to do with anything you've changed in your tank. They may just like it better than where they came from. Lighting is usually the key to changing colours in corals. Don't know about mushrooms though, they don't need much light.
    Susan

well, i never worry when my corals begin to look nicer. instead i would take pictures and post them so that you get to brag about them.
    Albert
    My Photos

Good to get positive responses, and that they're happy, they were my 'test' corals. I was thinking I'd burnt them...:imwithstu
    I've had them 8 months at least, and the only changes are the intro of the DSB.
    I'll try get some pics, b4 and after, but they're in a hard to photograph place.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)