Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

found these on my liverocks..

and they hide inside my liverock when i poke them with long match stick lol..

http://fins.actwin.com/species/index.php?t=9&i=325

looks like that same color and everythng..

reef safe?

or how do i get ride of them?

Unhappy

More than likely they are APTASIA! not wanted as they will sting and irritate other corals. They can grow to plague porportions. You can get rid of them a few ways. Get a syringe needle and inject them with either boiling water or vinegar. Some use KALK past to inject. Some say peppermint shrimp work or a CPPERBAND BUTTERFLY FISH but your tank is not big or mature enough for the fish. Now, it could also be a feather duster but there is a distinct difference. an Aptasia will not normally have a tube but will be inside a small hole when small and right on the liverock when big.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    I agree with Johnny's assessment. Most probably Aiptasia. However, if they're tiny, they could be featherdusters....
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

i heard that im screwed.. lol.. that if they feel threatened they will spit spores all over!!

i'll pull that piece of rock tonight and try to rip it out lol..

that might solve the problem..

also i have found a clear looking anemone on another rock.. with white little tips.. about the size of a dime... well little smaller... what is that?

and were the heck is this life comming from? my tank isn't even cycled yet.. and my ammonia is still at .30 nitrite 0, nitrate 0.. well hopefully the ammonia will spike and kill it all off lol..

I've been battling aiptasia since my tank was young. Recently I tried a new product called "Joe's Juice". You just "feed" the aiptasia a little bit and it dies within minutes. No muss no fuss. I'd give it a try but only if you're sure it's aiptasia, no sense in killing something harmless.

The whole idea behind buying live rock is to get the life! Even months later it's not unusual to find new critters. Some were tiny and hiding in crevices and just grew big enough to be noticeable. Others can come in as eggs or cysts and hatch. Most is good stuff and adds to the diversity of the ecosystem. Now and then you get something you have to deal with.
    Susan

i am frustrated lol.. nothing is easy for me..

my system is at stall.. 3 weeks of .30 ammonia.. and no nitrates or nitrites..

my uncured liverock is spitting out nasty little buggers lol.. althought i saw my first snail this morning.. looked like a little slug on the glass..

lots of fan worms... and now anemones.. hmm.. are peppermint shrimp costly? i want one for the tank lol..

when im cycled..

i'll take picture soon..

Cool fisherman

wELCOME TO THE HOBBY!:biggrinbo try getting another kit or someone to test your water for ammonia. Sometimes kits lie.

okies will do johnny..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast