Question Dosing Kalkwasser

since im a nurse i was thinking about getting a feeding bag which holds about 1-2L or so and using that for driping Kalkwasser, would that work? the end has a roll clamp like an IV line so you can slow the drip rate or speed it up as you wish.
    how fast do you drip it in? How many drops per minute?

Actually they are selling this type of system on ebay for reefer's for like 5 something US, yes this will work. You just have to find the right drip rate to keep you ph constant. You will have to start with a smaller drip rate then test, if it needs more then slowly raise the drip rate.
    Stephen

and rought idea on how fast it is driped into a 35g?

Cool

I use the exact setup. It works but sometimes can get clogged with KALK settlement. Even if you use the clear KALK liquid. Its easy to clean though. Now, do you have a lot of SPS in that 35g tank? with pc lighting? probaly not so you don't really need to drip anything as its a waiste of your money. Heavily stocked tanks need to keep the calcium way up there so thats why we drip KALK or use a reactor.

I drip my system to compensate for evaporation. I find I always have to move around the drip controller because it doesn't keep a constant drip, it gets clogged a little with the calcium. and I always have to clean the ends out. Every couple of weeks I run vinegar through the IV to clean out the calcium deposits. But I would make sure not to get the vinegar into your tank.

I drip with a "feeder bag" which is virtually the same thing and I'm sure if you're a nurse you could get one easily. I drip kalk at night to try to keep the tank's ph stable and just RO during the day to keep up with the evap. rate. Mine seems to need about two drops per second. I think you'll be fine at that rate but it depends on how fast your water evaporates. It should at least be a good starting point and will take hours to empty so you shouldn't shock the tank. I use about one heaping teaspoon of kalk to a gallon of water, which will last three or four nights.I'm convinced that it's one of the best things I've done for my tank, and will work good until I eventually get a calcium reactor ($$$$$). Good luck.