Kent Marine additives

I want to start using calcuim in my tank. I was looking at adding Kent marine liquid calcium. One website says to use Kalkwasser first then the liquid calcium. Is this needed, or can i just use the liquid?

Calcium Hydroxide (Kalk) is cheaper and better for your tank as it will also help raise your pH and lower phosphates. It does tend to favor Alk over Calcium (depending on how many corals you have using up your calicum), so you can supplement the Calcium Hydroxide with the liquid calcium.
    Albert
    My Photos

i might add, if you only add calcium without any buffer, you will throw your tank into a Ca/Alk imbalance.
    Albert
    My Photos

how fast do you dose kalk? Im going to use a 1L bag, so if i dripped it in over a few days would that work? or is that to fast or too slow? ive never used Kalk and ive never seen it used so i really dont know what im doing here and need alot of help. sorry.....

I drip mine to compensate for my tanks evaporation

I just have started to use kalkwasser and I am not sure if im using it rghtly. Since I have read that kalkwasser dissolve better in cold water, I put some freshwater ( done throug RO/DI) in the fridge. When the water is cold I put like 1 tsp in 2 liter of water and I let it stay for 1-2 hours. After it I drip it for 1-2 hour. Is it fine ?!

I put 2 teaspoons of kalk in a 2 liter bottle with room temp RO water. Shake a couple of times. Let sit a while to settle and pour the clear portion into my drip container. I then add more room temp RO water and shake again. Let settle and pour the clear porting into my drip container. When the stuff in the container no longer looks cloudy when I shake, I add more kalk and repeat. I will be using a gallon jug soon as I find that I can go through 3 or 4 two liter bottles (pop bottles) a day.

Vickie

thanks Vickie !!