Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar

Angry Great Barrier Reef to be dead by the year 2050.

I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

damn shame

Tang man.....I WASSS having a good day....

Man....darn shame to lose that beauty....taken forgranted obviously by mankind. With any luck at all man will
    figure out how to FIX the problem or REDUCE
    the impact significantly...unlikely though...too little too late?

What are others opinions on this tragedy?
    Do you think we will save the reef and it's corals?

Tim
    "My God Reefs are gorgeous!"

That is really sad. Very upsetting that its gone this far, ad appears that no matter what we do.. how hard we try, its too late. *shakes head* hard to imagine. Guess this is just another part of life that alot of us take for granted.

great barrier memory

soon to become the great barrier memory....

The damn governments are PATHETIC they have allowed this to happen!!!!!!! FIRE EVERY DAMN LAST ONE OF THEM!!!!

If the governments do not stop this from happening what the HELL can you and I do? NOTHING!

Signed:

PATHETICALLY HELPLESS

:bawling:

I am sure theres things we could do. Only downfall is having enough manpower to actually make a difference. There has been many suggestions over the yrs on things to do to help fight global warming among other things. Not many people take it serious enough to actually think of the things that can and will happen if we don't change our ways. Now look at this prime example. Something so beautiful, that may be lost forever. Usually our mistakes are more forgiving, this one I am afraid, isn't.

There is NO DOUBT that losing any of the earths coral reef systems would be a shame and have implications on entire Eco systems in affected continental areas. HOWEVER .. I do not buy into the idea that MAN is to blame. I agree that we are bad BUT NOT THAT BAD. First off there is not enough scientifically recorded history to determine that man is truly to blame. Second ... when you consider that a single volcano eruption or major forest fire releases into the atmosphere more toxins (that effect global warming) then all of man kind in a single year .. well what we hope into the system (as dirty as we are) is a drop in the bucket. Also keep in mind that it is the same group of people telling us today that we are warming the earth to its extinction that were telling us 20 years ago that we are .. by our own fault ... heading for an ice age. I think they go on the 50/50 plan. No mater what happens they have a 50% chance of being right.
    Rob

I know...lets go to mars...?????

Ya know....I don't mean to WHINE or be a COMPLAINER....
    But...perhaps someone out there in reefland, smarter then me, can explain or justify WHYYYYYY we spend billions
    going to MARS DUST PLANET as we allow our own
    treasures here on the BLUE RICH PLANET die?????

Ya can't blame Marilyn Manson or Eminem for that one.....

Damn.....wherrrrrre are the politicians responsible and whatttttttt in the hellllllll are they doing about it?

If anyone here has a CLUE as to what is politically being done
    would sure be nice to know.....can someone use
    THE FORCE and guess?

Tim
    :bawling:

Originally posted by One Salty Dog
    Second ... when you consider that a single volcano eruption or major forest fire releases into the atmosphere more toxins (that effect global warming) then all of man kind in a single year .. well what we hope into the system (as dirty as we are) is a drop in the bucket.
    Rob
    The problem with that logic is that there have been volcanic eruptions and huge forest fires for thousands of years, and the reefs have done just fine. Research has showed that the earth's average temperature has risen most sharply during the last 100 years, or when mankind has become most industrialized.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

That is part of the whole point ... no one has any idea what was really going on on this planet 500 years ago, 1000 years ago never mind 1 million years ago. WHO'S to say this is not just part of an ever on going cycle of change. For example after the 1991 eruption of Mt. Pinatubo ozone levels in the area were reduced by 33%. Now don't get me wrong here... I know as well as anyone that MAN is a DIRTY little beast... but to say that he has messed up the planet in as little as 100 to 150 years is imposable given that to this day we can't even control the weather. GGGG ... we can't even predict it very well yet. Next they will be telling us the dinosaurs killed them selfs off by pooping too much and warming up the earth. We are but a speck on this place we call home and our days were numbered before we even started.
    Rob

Yep, It seems its all in mother natures hands now. If in fact the predictions are true.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast