Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    liv

my clowns have the clown desease..

ya.. was looking at them closely and they have all the symptoms of the clown desease. ( Brooklynella )

whats the best way to heal them, in my book they talk about a solution of formuline ? what is that.. where can I get it..
    also.. any chance they will survive..
    I read up on the desease.. and it does not look good.

Unhappy

are you sure its Brook? I thought that Brook, usually killed within days but I could be wrong. I sure hope they pull threw as well as the tang! Now I'm worried that maybe they might infect the Tang but keep an Eye out. Do you have a hospital tank?

liv
    nope.. no hospital tank...
    I read up on the description of the desease and the first thing they say is that the fins will loose skin.. thats whats happening to them. I taught it was just damaged from moving all the rock around.. ( everytime I rearrange the rocks and sandbed, the clowns redig huge craters in the aragonite.. that why i taught it was kind of normal.. but it does not seem to be healing.. in fact.. looks worse... not sure anymore..

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

liv
    i'm grabbing some cleaner gobies tonight and some quick cure to treat the tank.. i read up alot on it.. might arm my slugs, but might as well do it properly.

LIV

I highly suggest you do not medicate your reeftank! No matter what the bottle says a reeftank is were you want no medications. All those meds, in one way or another harm and kill beneficial bacteria and then you'll have a worse problem on your hands. Not much choses IMO than to either transfer to another tank or ride it out with the Cleaners and feed them the best you can[don't overfeed].

PLEASE READ!!!

I just treated my Maroon Clown for the same thing!!
    http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/sh...&threadid=5250

liv
    i just did.. they seem to suggest it should be just great... i'm confused!!

when I had my freshwater stuff.. all it took was a spoonfull of a yellow cristal in the water.. and boom.. all was gone within days.. and did'nt arm absolutly anything.. it was even good for the fish to eat it... can't remember the name... might be the same product... but in a different form?

liv
    i guess I could always do the dip option.. so I dont affect the reef.. and get the treatment to the fishies .. what u all think ?

&

i'll make a big batch of mysis shrimp and fresh squeezed garlic tonight.. sounds yummy

In freshwater tanks we really heavily on outside filtration and biomedia and can do water changes fast and so on...
    Saltwater, if you kill the good bacteria which we almost single handedly rely upon you could wipe out your tank, kill your liverock[waste of money] and theres also much more life in the sand which it might kill, all this death would release alot of toxins into the water.

Guys i used "Quick Cure" 1 drop per gallon of water daily for 7 days.., and my Clown is back to being totally Healthy and all cleared up,

In the nano, I have sps, Mushrooms, Zooanthids and star polyps.. and the "Quick Cure" did not cause any Harm at all to the tank.. There is not Copper in it.. works Great!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast