Thread: aiptasia

Question aiptasia

Hi,

Was wondering if covering the aiptasia (and the hole in the rock) with a gob of silicone or glue is an effective way of getting rid of it?? Would there be any side effects to doing this? If this is a good way, would I do this underwater or do i need to take the rock out?

I know you can inject it with Kalk or vinegar...just wondering if this is effective option
    thanks.
    thien

What about joe's juice?

supposed to be good.. im going to probably get a 2 pepermint shrimp to run around my tank lol..

I would try to inject vinegar with a small syringe first. You can go to any pharmacy to buy syringes if you need to. By injecting straight vinegar into it's mouth, I have been able to get rid of them quickly. Sometimes it may take you a couple doses but I think that it is the easiest way.

vinager reef safe?

and does the syring have needle on it?

Cool THEIN

I try'd the glue/epoxy thing. no good, they mangage to come back some how. Vinegar [hot!] works like a charm and just do a few at a time so your not releasing to much acid[drop of ph] into the tank. FISHERMAN, yes vinegar is reefsafe in small doses.

so we're talking plain old white vinegar right?? no diluting right? just heat it up and stick em? BTW, I only have 2 that I can see
    thanks.
    thien

You could inject one with vinegar and one with kalk, that balances out the pH change somewhat
    If the authors of "Finding Nemo" knew anything about Clownfishes, Marlin would turn into a female and Nemo would become her new husband.

You do not need to dilute the vinegar and depending on the size of them, you would only be injecting 1 - 2 ml of vinegar so it will have very little effect on the Ph of a 55 gal. tank.

Fisherman, yes the syringe has a needle on it, I got the smallest one I could find...1 ml I think.