Thread: JellyFish?

JellyFish?

Ok Here goes, I shut my powerhead down for a quick cleaning on the 10G I setup just after Christmas. While the water was nice and calm I took a nice long gaze into the tank and noticed what looked like an actual Jellyfish. I did a bunch of searches and it does not look like any of the hydroids that have been posted. I looked at Dr. Rons site of Hydroids and did not find it there either.

I searched Reef Crental in Dr. Rons forum and found one post containing a picture of what I saw. Dr. Ron has not been able to identify it yet and has requested that a sample be sent to him for further identification.

My quesiton is... Has anyone ever seen anything that looks like what is in the picture in their tanks? If so do you have a lot of them? Would you be willing to supply me with a sampple that I can include with mine when I send it to Dr. Ron?

Looks interesting in any case.
    Your Source For Live Marine Food

liv
    wow.. is that thing moving in the same way a jellyfish is ?
    you got closer pics of yours ?

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I had one, from the pic i'm pretty sure it was the same. I think I have a pic of mine.I'll look.
    Unfortunately the species glass got lost somewhere in the critters to keep in formaldehyde solution, so I can't post it to you........ :wink5:
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

The picture is not mine, It is from the origonal post from Dr. Ron's Forum. I could not get a clear picture of the ones in my tank. It does however move like a jellyfish.
    Your Source For Live Marine Food