Thread: supplements?

Question supplements?

i want to start adding supplements to my tank like vitamins? for corals and inverts? i have Soft corals and leathers.. not going into high demanding corals...

i just want to keep the water the best i can..

so any suggestions? and of the kent additives or seachem additives like Reef trace, reef plus or reef complete any good?

thanks..

Best advice for what you want to keep in there is ..., add nthing, just do the water changes regularly. WHy complicate something that is already often perplexing when you don't have to. A golden rule that everyone should use is " don't fix it if it ain't broke". People have to lewarn to stop playing around with the tank all the time. Just let it be.

ok i just thought about adding vitamines for inverts and corals.. no calcium.. my water changes add that..

i haven't added anything... thanks..

Toutouche is right-
    I read some stuff on adding vitamin c cause its supposed to be very beneficial, well I did and it threw all my parameters out of wack! -it lowers ph as well as causes some algae growth not to mention things I couldn't see that were happening! lesson learned!

ok no problem... just checking.. and learning..

Not to give contrary advise to my fellow mod (Toutouche), but I keep mainly soft coral, and LPS, and have always dosed with Kent Coral Vite, and Kent Iodine.

No clinical trials though. To be truthful, it was recommended at the very beginning, and I've always done it.

Most importatly though, you need to dose calcium of some type....ie: biocalcium, B ionic, calcium reactor, etc.