please some help!!!

I think i just killed my hammer coral

It's been 3 weeks that i medicated my fish with kick ich, my fish are fine now, so today i changed the filter and this time added some carbone in it. Plus i totally forgot but i added some supplement too it as well: reef calcium and reef vitamines and minerals

I know that usually when we put medication you can not use anything else with it

anyways the mushroom and the hammer are retracting ,what's wrong ???!!!

what kind of medication did you use? was it "reef safe"? usually medications have copper in it which is not for a reef.
    otherwise it may just be that its retracting due to the change in its environment and will "settle" and open back up again.
    Albert
    My Photos

it's copper free

and reef safe too as well

it's a new product kick ich they call it

Like Albert said, they are probably reacting to the change in environment.

As a general rule, you never add any medication (even reef safe medication) to your main tank. If the fish need medication, you do it in a quarantine tank. Many medications, even if they don't contain copper, will cause problems with the organisms in your living rock/sand bed. Some medications never completely get removed from the living rock/sand bed and keep leaching small amounts into your water.

Since you used Kick Ich 3 weeks ago, that is probably not the main source of your problem. I would check your ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and phosphates to ensure that you don't have water problems.

Vickie

i check everything already, looks fine.

I have 2 brains and a candy cane too as well, and they are fine, it's only the mushroom and the hammer coral that are retracting

How long does it takes for them to go back to the 'settle" way?

i don't think it was caused by water chemistry because it happen right away after i added those additives products

I agree with vjvl51 the time frame suggests it's not the meds. A water change may help settle probs.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)