Thread: clownfish

clownfish

Yesterday while looking at my tank I noticed one of my clowns "rough housing" with the frog spawn. I sat there and watched for alittle while and when i got a closer look, I noticed my poor little clowns mouth appeared to be stuck open. I tried getting a closer look to see if anything was stuck in her mouth or if I could see some sort of infection, but I couldn't see anything unusual. She wouldn't eat at all yesterday, but her appitite is back in full swing today. Her mouth appears to be closing more and more each time I look at her. Could this be from her fight with the frog spawn? I ran all tests again yesterday, and everything is in line. (PH., Sal, Nitite, Amm.)She is swimming and acting normal, just her mouth is opned. Her breathing is good too.
    Any insight would be great, I have looked in every last book I own and looking online, and i can't find anything that matches. She has no other symtoms.
    Thanks in advance!

Cool

I have heard of fish haveing temporary lockjaw. It might just disappear after. Fish can go quite some time without food.

thanks johnny,
    Today she seems to be doing a little better now. Her lips almost touch now. I don't know what to make of it, I just hope she keeps getting better!

I have heard of something similar happening when a clown tried to acclimatize to an elegance coral. The elegance smoked the clown's lips (one of the first parts of their body they try to acclimatize). It eventually recovered - lesson learned.
    Man cannot live on bread alone --
    He must also have his peanut butter

That's strange because I always thought that fishe had to close their mouth to be able to breathe? I thought they pushed the water through their gills that way....?
    Do or do not. There is no "try" - Jedi Master Yoda

fish.... sorry
    Do or do not. There is no "try" - Jedi Master Yoda