Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

experience with aquariacanada.com

Hi all,

I just wanted share my experience with aquariacanada.com.

In november 2003 i ordered some corals from aquariacanada.com. The total amunt was around $220+shipment. Ivan of aquariacanada sent my package by canada post but despite that it was a priority courier i got the delivery notice 5 days later and it couldnt be tracked for another 4 or 5 days. Ivan told me that if i could make another payment for shipment and packaging he could replace it and make a refund for the extra shipment fee when he got his money from canada post. I said OK and made another payment he sent it again by canada post and same thing happened to the second package i got the package nearly 7 or 8 days later. Sure all the corals were dead. This time Ivan told me that since it was priority courier and was supposed to be at my place within 24 hours it was canada post's mistake and he was going to get a refund within 3-6 weeks. And also he told that Canada post might have a problem in Barrie area and he couldnt replace the order untill this situation to be clarified but he could make a whole refund after he got his money from Canada post. I said OK and didn't ask him anything for the first 8 weeks after the 8th week i sent him many emails but each time he told me that he was going to check it with canada post on next monday. Now it has been over 3 1/2 months and i couldnt get my money back. I learned that Canada post doesnt make any refund for live animals, i didnt have to wait for that refund and as a customer It is my right to get a whole refund +interest for 3 1/2 months. Now i gave Ivan 24 hours notice if i cant see that money in my account untill wednesday morning i am going to go to Business Bureau Police Department. I dont know if there is anybody else having the similar problems with aquariacanada.com but if there is he can goto Business Bureau
    as well Ivan has to make a whole refund +interest charged during the waiting period.That is what the law says.

Kadir

rj
    Banned
    Holy Smokes!....Where's the site police now?...this thread won't be up long!...read it while you can!

Well kadaytar,
    I am very sorry about your experience with Ivan - I am sure there is some kind of misunderstanding, my experiences with him have all been good. I do believe this is a postal issue -I had a problem with them when Ivan shipped me some corals they arrived damaged and kind of late (not as late as yours, however) luckily they all survived.
    I am sure that Ivan will try to remedy the situation - he honestly is good to deal with.
    I am sure others here will agree with that - don't be hasty in your attitude towards him I'm sure there is an explaination.
    Again I am sorry about your problem - there is a great support system here!
    Ivan included!:sad4:

liv
    same here.. never ever had an issue... but I can say that I had countless troubles with canadapost and others many times.. and not coming from Ivan either.. i can't count the amount of times I had to get stuff shipped back.

i'm sure hundreds of replies could be done to state that Ivan had/has & still goes the extra mile to help everybody out..

misunderstanding or postal prob. is my guess

liv

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

rj
    Banned
    My question is why did the customer have to wait for the vendor to get his money back from Canada Post?

I agree with heniochus18. I had a great experinece when I dealt with Ivan. You might want to follow up with the post office because Ivan shouldn't be held accountable for the fact that Canada post couldn't deliver on time.

Just out of curiousity, what is your interest rate?
    And where did you read this so called "law"?
    I am who I am who I am who am I

DMB

Floor Wetter ... as bad as this will sound ... When something is lost or damaged in the mail by handling or delay it is a Canada posts issue and if Ivan is trying to help he is doing all that he can already.
    Rob

Where is Ivan anyway?
    I am sure he can speak for himself!

rj
    Banned
    If he was doing all he could don't you think he would refund the customer his money?...As the shipper of the product he has the agreement with CP...not the customer...

Floor wetter I think you will find that once you EXCEPT the shipment things become a little more complicated.
    Rob

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast