Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kadir...learn the facts.....

Kadir...

You said that Ivan owes you the refund plus interest. I will tell you something my firend. This is an idle threat. I work within these laws for aliving and enforce/investigate them daily. You quote me the actual law that states this and I'll bow down to you. There is no such law, and I can tell you this as someone who works in the field. Don't throw idle threats as it diminishes whatever point you are trying to make. What are you going to claim next...Fraud, false pretences, theft,...try throwing out a statement accusing Ivan of that...it'll give me something to do in disputing them. We have a saying at work for people like you...INVESTIGATE and get your FACT straight before wasting everyone's time fixinig a problem you probably created.

It seems you are the only one with a problem. THe time it took you to address it tells volumes of your true intentions to resolve the problem. Be professional, courtious, and try to solve your problems with a little more sugar than fire...it's amazing how this get fixed up that way.

You can add me to the list of people who have had absolutely no problems dealing with Ivan...
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

here here!

Guys i agree with everyone here!

I agree that Kadir took the wrong road on resolving this issue.. But i also agree that Ivan has been really busy and might not have been able to put a 100% effort into the resolutions.. Does that make Ivan a bad person!.. HELL NO!.. does that make him a bad business man!.. HELL NO!.. Where i agree that Ivan has done all that he can do.. i also think that Kadir should have showed the respect.. Now Ivan said he has the tracking info.. stating that it arrived to the residence and there was no one there to sign for it!

No matter what MAIL ORDER COMPANY you order from.. Even the ones who have the " Arrive Alive" policy's.. that Policy is tossed out the door if you are not there to sign for your package the first time! ..
    And that is what has happened here.. No one was there i believe it was the second time around.. which then the shipment went into a warehouse.. that was most likely not heated too well.. and so on! ..

So who is at Fault here!

You have Kadir blaming Ivan, you have Ivan who has done everything he can to help out including sucking up a $200 loss to ship out a new package.. and then you have All of use blaming both of them!!

I think its about time we drop this issue.. Let Kadir and Ivan work things out..

Facts are!!!

1) Ivan does not have a "Arrive Alive" policy.. and if he did it was VOID the moment no one was home to receive it!

2) Ivan did more than what most Companies would do and that is offer a new shipment!!!! AND then offer his money back !!!

3) Kadir, Agreed to a contract of receiving his refund only WHEN Ivan received his from Canada post! .. With making that agreement.. UNTIL Kadir can PROVE that Ivan received a refund he CAN NOT demand any restitution for any LOSSES!.. he agreed to received the $200 Refund or what ever the amount was.. When Canada post cleared things up!

I can Vouch for the length.. as we had placed a claim through CP for a damaged statue and it took 5 MONTHS to get the replacement Check in the mail!

All in all!..

Kadir... agreed to a contract through EMAIL.. and now is trying to break that said contract!..

Kadir.. Just keep in mind.. you are the one who Defaulting on the Contract.. which means you could stand to lose everything!

Toooloud,
    Kadir's true colors are starting to show through. We have sen that he has done the exact samething on another board about another problem. Either this person has the worst luck in the world, or he is simply a crybaby who has to grow up!!!!

I hope you don't mind if I hijack this thread for a moment here..... I didn't know of the full circumstances of this post, and shall not comment, on any legalities, but will say that all I have heard is positive feedback about Ivan, and I have found him delightful to deal with on the occasions that I have.
    The topic has bought up some curious questions I have about international law with regard to Contract law I hope you don't mind if ask them....(No hidden agenda, just plain old curiosity)
    What's the law regarding emails over there? Is a contract considered accepted when the email arrives in the in-box of the offeree whether or not opened? Have there been any case examples, even of the top of your heads without citing the actual case.
    And if a dispute arises between offeror and offeree when dealing with different countries, which countries law is followed? Is it that of the offeree?
    In regard to warranties I noticed that Canada wasn't covered by alot of warranties available to other countries, why? And if a Canadian purchased an item from another country, that had a warranty valid in the state of purchase, but Canadian law intercepts and voids that warranty, can you still claim the warranty from the country purchased from, if they don't exclude Canada?
    Just a few questions of the top of my head, I hope you don't mind them...
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

holy frickin smokes!!! im fairly new to AC, and i plan to buy from ivan in the future. i just sat for an hour and read that dreadfull post that is now closed. guys you should really keep the topic closed and let the ivan and kadir work it out. all that BS about bad busness practices and crap like that has to be ripping the guts out of more people than me, and has probably turned a handfull of people from joining AC. i know that the reason why i joined AC in the firstplace was to gain usefull knowledge about the hobby, and now i have already seen a hideous side to alot of members. the same members that seem so peacefull when answering my questions. lets all cool down...everyone, do as i say...get up from your pc and go get an XL roll up the rim to win cuppa joe int: , and then sit in front of their tank and smile. :couch:
    peace and love:beer:

AH AH AH!!! dont reply just do it!!!!:guns:
    you will feel better. Money back guarantee

I have my XL Tim's coffee right now, but am at work... can't watch the tank...

need a web cam!

(i can't believe i read the whole thread! lots of bad blood out in your neck of the woods...)
    - Alan

What aquamann said was right. The other thread was closed for a reason , so this one should not have opened.
    stephen
    Stephen

darn tootin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast