Got some new fish and anemone!!

Haven't been on board much lately, too much galivanting around! Have a few things to mention.
    I have added all my rock back to the 6'bowfront and the salinity is back up to normal. Did hypo for 5 wks! Everyone survived! and are free of the dreaded ich!
    I was given a potter's wrasse and a bicolor blenny whom are great little fish and are out all the time! I lost my squarespot during quarantine last month? I bought a PBT and a flameback angel (cost my $150.!!)Yikes!! and a georgous type of fairy wrasse called a pakastany?? They are in quarantine (33 gal) right now for a while, but are doing okay.
    My pearly jawfish have/had eggs?? The last I saw them he had a mouth full of eggs and doesn't come out of the tunnel anymore? She blocks the way! (the way it should be! lol)
    Oh this is really weird...I had raised two baby B cardinals an have just recently moved one to my 220 tank. Right from the start he made a home in the huge ritteri anemone I have in there??? He's fins and body actually are touched by the tentacles?? anyone ever seen this before? I'll enclose a picture.
    I also bought a beautiful rose bubble tip and put it at the other end of this tank. He has dug down in the little clay pot and made it his home. I've had him for a week and he hasn't moved!! Here's a pic of him too.
    take care everyone
    Lynn
    Lynn

trying to post pic'sbbb it's hard to get them small enough
    Lynn

lynne

nice anenome! You must spend your weekend just on tank maintenance! I'm one to talk as my 500g is getting there and I'll have a lot of work for the next year or so. I've been working on the stand nights and weekends as of late.

Re: Got some new fish and anemone!!

Originally posted by Lynn
    Oh this is really weird...I had raised two baby B cardinals an have just recently moved one to my 220 tank. Right from the start he made a home in the huge ritteri anemone I have in there??? He's fins and body actually are touched by the tentacles?? anyone ever seen this before?
    Very common, actually. Banggai's (I don't know about other cardinalfish) will take refuge in anemones. Particularly as juveniles (they are usually seen among urchin needles but an anemone will do in a pinch if they can't find an urchin, I guess). But adults can do it too. My female banggai took refuge in a BTA when I first moved her into her current tank (she was an adult already). As time went on and she grew used to her new environment she weaned herself off the anemone.

So anyhow... nope, not weird.

cheers
    -Tony

My next hobby will be flooding my basement while repeatedly banging my head against a brick wall and tearing up $100 bills. Whee!

Actually Johnny I'm one lucky lady and get to spend all day if I want on the tanks!!
    Thanks Tony, seems to me now that I've read that somewhere before. I didn't realize that they could actually come in contact with the fish though. I thought that these anemones were alot more potent then that. The cardinal is about a year old now, so is full grown. I also have a pair of maroons that host to that anemone and they don't even look at the cardinal? so much for the aggressive maroons!LOL
    Lynn

here's (hopefully) a pic of the cardnal and ritteri
    Lynn

Beautiful rose anemone! Post some pics of your new fish when you get a chance. I love PBTs!
    Susan