Question is this a good sign?

that both my shrimps molted? on each side of my tank i had to shells of my shrimps.. 1 cleaner and 1 peppermint..

now their colors are outstanding hehe..

also i had to fight my big scarlet hermit for one of the leftovers lol..

also my corals have been retracted for the last 3 days after a water change.. all pars are great..

ph 8.3
    sg 1.025
    cal 440-460
    amm 0
    nitrite: 0
    nitrate 5-10ppm

also during that water change i nuked all my hair algae..

it too me 1 hour of scraping the glass to remove it all.. and hasn't come back yet.. but it left some floating algae in the water.. could that effect the coral.. cause everytnig else in the tank is loving it.. 2 clowns, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 peppermint shrimp (cleans astipsia like mad) 1 emerald crab, 1 lawnmower blenny, 5 scarlet reef hermits, 9 blue legged hermits, 9 astrea snails all doing there thing..

forgot to mention.. i had a big bloom of cyno after the cleaning.. but its dying off now..

thanks all..

Shrimps molt on regular basis and often they will molt soon after a move. It's a regular process. I never bother to take the molts out anymore, they just disappear after a while. Something must be eating them.

Keep an eye on your nitrates. If you remove a big bunch of hair algae at once then the nitrates that it was living on have to go somewhere. It could explain the cyano.

The nitrates you list don't seem too high to be bothering corals though. I don't think a bit of hair algae floating in the water would either. What's your alkalinity?
    Susan

i have never tested alk...

also i have never added any additives to my tank... its all Instant ocean salt mix..

I'm surprised your calcium is that high without adding any supplements. Instant Ocean has notoriously low calcium, something like 350. Alk is pretty important and a reading could really tell you a lot. Might not be a bad idea to pick up a test kit for it.
    Susan

well my calcium test kit went like this.. 23 drops before turning purple.. so 20x23= 460

ok did Alk test.. 100-110 KH is that good?

your KH or dKH should be between 8-12 dKH or 2.0-5.0 meq/L natural sea water sits at 8 dKH or 2.9 meq/L. What test kit are you using?

Fisherman,
    I'm going to guess you simply did the calculations or reading wrong. A reading of 100-110 would have killed everything in the tank aloooong time ago!!! : If you're reading in DKH, 7 is the minimum you should be at and IS what NSW is.., not 8 DKH. Anywhere between 7 and 11 is fine. If you can reah for and as long as you are getting 8,9 or 10 then be happy.
    Aside from that, you REALLY have to learn to relax a little and enjoy simply staring at your tank once in awhile. You seem to be one of the ones that has the best constant tank parameters and you're tank always seems to be in excellant shape from what you describe, yet you're always worrying about something!!! Grab a chair, open a cold one, or get a nice cup of hot coffee, sit in front of the tank, and staaaaare!!!! Now... isn't that relaxing??!!!!