Extreme Garlic or Garlic Guard?

Extreme Garlic seems to have no other additives
    Garlic Guard has vitamins added

I've not used either product just wondering who's used which and which they like/dislike.

Thanks

I prefer the Good old Fresh Garlic minced and added to my food.. this way i know that its just Pure garlic..

For fresh water, I justed used the garlic capsules that you find the in the health food store or vitamins in the drug store. Open one capsule and pour over the food. Sit for a minute or so and dump into tank.

I don't see why that wouldn't work for salt water. Toooloud's fresh garlic is probably the cheapest though I would use a garlic crusher.

Vickie

Yes, you can use fresh garlic. What you do is mash up the garlic and put all the pieces in some RO water in a glass including whatever juice you have. Cover it with Saran wrap ( or any other similar brand name cellophane wrap... ) Place it in the fridge and let it sit. it should last for a few days and I have used the same one for at least one week. When you do use it however, drain and use only the liqud that you need at the moment.

Cakefan,
    You can also use the Kyolic brand garlic supplement and I've bought it at the healthfood store on Boul. St. Jean called KY ( I think that's what it's called).

Thanks guys for the replies. I ended up buying some Garlic Guard because it has vitamins as well. I use to use crushed garlic but when my clown had health problems I did a lot of reading and found out that garlic isn't always digested well in marine fish and can cause internal problems.

This particular stuff is for my blennie (to get that guy to eat mysis) and as much as I'm sure garlic is fine it just makes me nervous to use fresh stuff.........and I wasn't near a health store (Vickie but thx ) besides this stuff has vitamins....I guess it was worth ripping me off :bawling:

Yeah, but the vitamins aren't exactly a good thing to be adding to the water.... Fresh garlic is PERFECTLY safe if done as I suggested. If you do want to use a prepared supplement, then get one that is just the pure garlic extract.
    :ummm: :huh??: Ummm... you did say it was for something in your tank and not for you or your family, right?????

http://www.seachem.com/products/prod...rlicGuard.html

That stuff and the allicin that's in it is what helps cure ick etc. that is what you are trying to derived from garlic when garlic is crushed/damaged.

Ooops!! I guess I was confused for a brand with vitamins that's intended for people!! hehe... Sorry. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark ( for some reason... don't ask me why... maybe it's my women's intuition) and say the stuff you bought is made for fish