Thread: Joe's Juice

Joe's Juice

Joe's Juice works real well on aptaisia. Those little @#$@$ open right up and gobble it down and basically just dissapear. Well worth the $12 in my opinion. Only problem is I ended up turning the whole aquarium upside down chasing aptaisia with my syringe and now I have re-arranged my rock work once again. :mwhaha:

i threw in a peppermint shrimp IJO sold me and 3 days later no more aptaisia... hehe

that shrimp is a killer now i hand feed it homemade food.... both my cleaner shrimp and pepeermint shrimp swin to my hand at top of thank and feed on food in my palm..

keeps the clownfish at bay..

what's in this Joe's juice?!
    I 've never heard of it before!
    And my pepermints aren't doin their job!

I dunno why peppermints eat aiptasia in some tanks and not in others. I'm quite sure I have the right kind of shrimp but they aren't eating mine either. I suspect they're too full

Joe's Juice doesn't list any ingredients. I suspect if they did everyone would be making it.
    Susan

I hope they fired the marketing guy who named it. Yuck.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

I believe it's essentially the same as another product that used to be used regularly. If it is indeed, then it's cayenne pepper. I can't remember the name of the other brand at the moment. I'll have to think about it a bit. Maybe someone else will see this and remember quicker.
    Susan,
    Probably the hit & miss with the Pep's is because there are a few types that basically look identical, yet aren't. Also, not everyone knows how to distinguish the good ones from the wrong ones. Some people even buy camel shrimps thinking they're Pep's.

To what Toutouche said about pepermints, I'll also add that there are multiple species of glass anemones that are commonly refered to as "aiptasia". For sure I had two distinctly different types of aiptasia in my tank when I lost my two cleaner shimp in the blackout. I added three bright red pepermints, and they cleaned out one type, but never touched the other.

The level of feeding in the tank will probably also play a role. Susan, if I recall, you feed your tank heavily. Shrimp are scavengers, and therefore opportunistic, will eat whatever is closest and may just never get around to the aiptasia (assuming it is a species they like to eat).

*sigh* I know, I need a dedicated aiptasia eater for my tank. Berghia nudibranchs where are you???
    Susan