need help with protein skimmer

Hi. I have just set up a 25-gallon tank. I can't figure out how to properly adjust the skimmer. At the store I bought it from, they said that bubbles should not be flowing into the tank, but that's all I get. What am I doing wrong? I have tried adjusting the air intake, but nothing changes.

What skimmer did you buy?

liv
    if you bought something similar to a seaclone, the bubbles in the tank are absolutly normal.. well for most hangon skimmers.
    when they startup it can take several hours to a couple of days to get them stabalized... wait a while... as for ajusting the bubbles.. use the instruction manual..

on mine, it says to put it on full and check to make sure the water comes as close to the bottom of the collection cup.

take it easy, if all was installed according to instructions.. then just wait a day or two.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I have the SeaClone 100. Unfortunately, my 16 month old daughter walked away with the manual and put it in her as yet undiscovered stash.

When I bought all my live rock, I also put in a clown fish, as I was told that they help speed up cycling, but he died within three days. I think that might have been due to the bubbles, but I'm not sure. I want to get this tank cycled and ready to go, but I don't want to kill more fish with bubbles.

liv
    your tank was too young in my mind to put any fish.

I got the same skimmer you got, i use it as an addon to my refugium. the bubbles are totally normal for this type of skimmer.. they will go away in a few days.
    keep the air valve on full. it will start skimming in a couple of days.. not the fastest thing out there.

when you bought your LR, did you check the amount of amonia and nitrates.. you possibly peaked real high.

what are your water specs, ie: temp, salinity..etc ?

here is that part for the calibration from the book.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I had the same skimmer on my 10 gal sump connected to a 54 gal tank and had the same issue with the bubbles. To get the skiimer to skim properly required lots of bubbles, but the bubbles were a pain. I Finally gave up and boought a Remora Pro - it skims better and no bubbles get out.

My levels were all perfectly normal - temp. 76, salinity 30.2, spec. grav 1.022, no nitrates/nitrites, etc. The tank is just now starting to adjust levels. It has been running for 5 days, no spikes, and the skimmer is still bubbling away at full bubble.