going away for 12 days need some advice

well i got my tank filled up with RO/DI water and argonite sand ,but have not added salt yet.i have to leave this thurs for 12days.........so now comes my question what should i do ??

1. drain all my RO/DI water.

2. keep RO/DI water in the tank not circulating (would it go bad?)

3. keep water in tank circulating through the pumps,and have my Bro come by to check on things and so he can do top-ups

4. add salt right now ,keep water in tank circulating through the pumps,and have my bro come by to check on thinks and so he can do top-ups

reason why i would like to keep things going ,is because my buddy is selling all his rocks and corals and he is going to what till i am back till he puts his tank up for sale.any thoughts appreciated

Is your sand live? if so there should be salt in your tank.

This sounds like a brand new set up and if that is the case ... I would shut down the sump system pumps (so you don't have to worry about pumps running dry), add your salt and use a few power heads to keep the water in the tank moving around. Might as well pop a heater in there as well. When you return turn on your sump system pumps and make your finial ajustments to salt content, temp etc .. and away you go. In any case your Bro should check in on your place while your gone .
    Rob
    Rob

Thanks guys for the reply,no the sand is not live.yeah i thing i will add the salt to the water and put in my powerheads to keep things moving.

You could also add a small piece of live rock in there. That would give you an extra 12 days of getting bacteria in your tank.