BTA - closing alot, this normal?

My BTA has been in my tank for one week now. it seems to be eating well for me. I have noticed that each night about an hour after all lights are off, it will shink up to 1/8 of its normal size, then in the morning is at full size again. Is this normal or is there something wrong. also the tips have seemed to straighten out, instead of the usual bubble tips (see pics)

at first

now - he has moved toward the back of the rock so you can only see a small portion of it, but you get the idea.

yes, very normal. At night my LTA used to go right into his little hiding space in the rock only to come out during the day in full glory. He is adjusting and will find his favorite spot.

ahhh....good...that is what i was thinking. but anything wrong with the "not so bubble tip" anymore? is it really hungry?

It's quite normal for anemones to shrink up at night. At least my bubble tips always have.

I should mention that there are also other times when they shrink up. The first time I noticed my first one digesting I thought it was going to die. Anemones have a lot of different looks. You'll get used to it in time.

It's also normal, unfortunately, for them to lose their bubble tips in captivity. No one seems to know why though. There are a few people who have BTAs who have kept the bubbles and I've noticed that they often don't have very strong lighting. I've been wondering if there's a connection there.
    Susan

interesting...thanks to both of you!