something to clean my sand bed

i need something to clean my sand bed because the crabs and fish have it a mees, is there anything that eats all the drit off the sand
    ABCDFISHMRNOTFISHSMRCDBDI'S

ab cd fish m r not fish s m r c d b d i's

What about some of the sand sifting gobies? Like the golden head. Or the fighting and queen conches are also good. The crabs really shouldn't have it in a mess. You could also siphon some of it out yourself if you really don't like it. Or give is a good stir up and let the filter take it out. However, most people with extremely clean sand beds create them to 'lots' of hermits and snails.

Try a fighting conch.....one conch for each 2 feet of tank...just add one as these buggers can clean a large area...they disappear but you'll see the sand cleaned up in no time. Start with one then add a secon d if needed.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

siphon it a bit a get a gobie.

Conchs will eat algae off the sand. So will cerith snails. Nassarious snails are great for left over food bits and fish poo. Sea cucumbers are good for detritus. I like black knobby and tiger tails the best.

Beware of keeping crabs and snails together. Often the crabs eat the snails.
    Susan

i would go with some snails and gobies (gobies are great b/c its another fish you get to have AND it cleans up for you)
    Albert
    My Photos

I love the golden head gobies.. they really do a good job sifting the sand but the only down side is that they will create burrows for themselves under rocks . they will use shells and other large rocks to create their home. not to mention that when they sift the sand they usually pick up the sand at the base of the rocks so all of this will cause ur rock work to become unstable and could collapse. This has happened to me many times where my rock work collapse and had to aquascape the whole thing again...

I don't keep gobies ( as much as I love them) just for this reason. I had one take down parts of my rockwork 3 times. It would have just been a matter of time before I had a tank crash. Nice fish though, but with 130 pounds of rock it's too risky for me.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

And they will eat your pods and clean out the good critters from the sand bed.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

I used pieces of pipe under my rocks in the sand bed in hopes of avoiding that problem!
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE