Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloves

Gloves

Just wondering what kind of gloves everyone uses? I am sure I read somewhere that the standard "kitchen" gloves were fine, But I don't want to just jump in the tank with a pair on... just in incase! If "kitchen" gloves are fine, should I clean them first?
    Thanks in advance!

y use kitchen gloves..they just arent long enough... I think any glove will do in the tank because it will be in water no more than max of 5 min... you should alwayz rise off the gloves first to get rid of any detergent or what not that is on the gloves.. I would buy one of those gloves that goes all the way to your shoulder cuz the point of gloves is to not get your hands and arms wet.. If you are gonna use kitchen gloves,mind is not wear anything at all unless these gloves are really long

liv
    ya.. kitchen gloves are good.. but keep a seperate set..
    actually keep a seperate set of everything.. pales, tubes, what ever you usually use for the tank.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

what about latex gloves?

Cool gloves

why are you using gloves? if you want to use gloves to protect either yourself or your tank from contamination then ya best order those long suckers that go way up your arm or its not worth it.Latex will tear so fast on the sharpness of corals and liverock. By the way, there is some nasty bacterias and parasites in out tanks that gloves are a very good idea. I know, there a pain though.

I use kitchen gloves and they're fine. I bought a set of proper shoulder length aquarium gloves but I don't like them, way too thick, you can't really work with them on. I really wish I could get a shoulder length thin glove.
    Susan

I know that vet's have long heavy plastic type gloves that go right up to the shoulder. (grew up on a farm!) I don't know if you can buy them from a vet though. It'd be just about right though.
    I've noticed that raising kids & fish are similar: Patience & dedication really pays off!

I have these gloves - http://www.jlaquatics.com/cgi-bin/sh...logno=mc-glove I've never used them since I prefer to work with my bare hands but then I don't have zoos and haven't had a major cut/scrape on my hands either.

Vickie

I don't have anything dangerous in my tank either yet... Burt I want to be prepared. I have the buckets, nets, everything seperate , just no gloves. I am not in the tank often at all, but would a new pair of say kitchen gloves be ok for say, handling anomones, or zoos?

ijo
    I havent been using gloves but have had a few scares... rock slivers, worm attacks and zoo gunk so I figured I might as well get myself a pair before I get into trouble. I think I will only be using them when handling large amounts of rock(its a start)

IJO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast