Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you razor blade your tank?

to scrap off tough coralline algae off your front glass? I guess I'm just paranoid to stick anything metal in there. A few minutes ok?
    If the authors of "Finding Nemo" knew anything about Clownfishes, Marlin would turn into a female and Nemo would become her new husband.

I don't like doing it but if your going to ... make sure you clean the packing oil off the blade first.
    Rob

i heard use a credit card... ( a expired one)

what about ice scraper?

i have used a credit card, but usually only use a magnitic scraper. i had a blade but it gets rusty

ijo
    I use the proscraper wide with the steel balde...its a bit expensive but it doesn't rust and works wonders on the coralline.

IJO

Credit cards work great on acrylic tanks! ..

Just go to homedepo and pick up a Paint scraper.. works great!.. Or pick up the cheap $2 single edged razors for scraping paint.. and just dispose of it when you start to see rust,

its not in the tank long enough to hurt anything.,

Is your tank acrylic or glass? If acrylic, be very careful, but if it's glass..., scrape away!!!!!!!!!! I use a magnetic floating type scraper for regular cleaning, but the stubborn algae spots or all that coralline ( a blessing in it's own way, I guess...) get scraped off with a razor blade all the time!!!!! Credit cards work well too and I used to use them, but for some reason they "expire" very quickly and don't work as well afterwards!!!

ijo
    Acrylic? sorry missed that one... I wouldn't use a blade... proscrapers come with a plastic blade... they work.. you jsut have to use a bit of elbow grease

IJO

Re: Do you razor blade your tank?

Originally posted by GoSUV
    to scrap off tough coralline algae off your front glass? I guess I'm just paranoid to stick anything metal in there. A few minutes ok?
    It says front "glass" Guys ...
    Rob

I use razor blads all the time in mine. I hadn't heard about the packing oil before though. It's dangerous?
    Susan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast