Question can you id this coral?

i know i shouldn't buy without research but i could not let those other greedy basterds get their hands on it

Not sure on this one.. Possibly a plate coral. Just looked in a coral book I have an it looks like the plate coral in here, only the one in my book is green with the same whittish markings. Fungia or plate coral.. Just a shot in the dark

i'm pretty sure you got it, thanks. i've found lots on the net but none as nice as this one

HOLY CRAP!!!! That's a nice one!!!!!!!!!! Lucky you!!!!!!!!
    Yeah..., I'd say it's also a plate coral. You can call it a "Strawberry plate"...heh,heh:

Are those light colored spots, actual short tentacles or just spots on the red skin?
    Very nice coral whatever way!!! Congrats.

Wow!!!! how much did that baby set you back? Very pretty

I found this online.. Closest I could find to the color of yours!! It is really nice! Congrats!http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...=22&pCatId=483

Very nice looking coral man. Congrats

That is definately a short tentacle plate coral...and one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. Great find.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

yeah i wasn't sure what it was, but i was sure knowbody else was going to get it.it set me back $80, but almost looks nicer than my crocea. the tentacles are up now but they are only 1/4 "

They won't extend much more than that if it's the short tentacle species. You got a great deal at $80 for that one.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!