Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I caught him but what to do?

I finally caught that bastage of a hermit that I've been trying to catch for a couple of months now. I have no holding place and I AM NOT putting him back in my tank.

I came home to find he had turned over some frags AGAIN and had pulled my torch out of the sand and was trying to rip it apart.

I feel about > < this bad terminating him but I'd like to do it as painlessly/fast as possible (sorry Vickie but I can't wait to send him to you since I haven't seen him till today) any suggestions? I know what they say about fish but I'm not sure what is the most humane!

ps. don't feel too bad for him he's killed off ALL my other hermits and MOST of my snails. I had to replace all my snails AND it wasn't cause he didn't have an ample quantity of empty shells.

I'll still take him if you want to put him in a sealled bottle and UPS him out. He can keep my sump clean.

If I remember high school biology correctly, the most humane way to kill something like that is a sharp blow to the head with a hard object (ie hammer). I don't know if I could do that though.

Vickie

Originally posted by vjvl51
    I'll still take him if you want to put him in a sealled bottle and UPS him out. He can keep my sump clean.

If I remember high school biology correctly, the most humane way to kill something like that is a sharp blow to the head with a hard object (ie hammer). I don't know if I could do that though.

Vickie
    Will he make it ok in a bottle suspended in the tank till tomorrow morn then shipped? If so then he's all yours (still ) I just wasn't putting him back in there.

He would probably make it if the bottle held a couple cups of water. Just throw the water out and refill with fresh water before shipping (need to put oxygenated water in before shipping).

Let me know.

Vickie

He would probably make it if the bottle held a couple cups of water. Just throw the water out and refill with fresh water before shipping (need to put oxygenated water in before shipping).

Let me know.

Vickie
    I'll ship him to you tomorrow if someone will be home on Wed.?

Someone is almost always at home. I will expect him between 2 and 3 PM Wed. This should be fun. LOL Will he bite my fingers off getting him out of the bottle?

Vickie

Someone is almost always at home. I will expect him between 2 and 3 PM Wed. This should be fun. LOL Will he bite my fingers off getting him out of the bottle?

Vickie
    Nah he's a little coward he hides till I'm not around then runs around and turns everything over. My husband thinks he's got spunk and this is funny :madder: NOT!!!!

I can't wait. I like your husband's sense of humour. LOL

Vickie

I can't wait. I like your husband's sense of humour. LOL

Vickie
    Oh yeah ok put him in your tank Vickie :happy3: forget the fudge hahahaha

I think he is headed for the sump. I had to put some macro algae in there so there is now a light on. The hermit can make sure that the sump stays nice and clean. I'll let you know how he makes out.

LOL

Vickie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast