Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

crab in acro question and order news

i just recieved my yellow acro from IJO. in it are two small, approx 1/4 inch crabs. they are white with a black strip across the front of the shell. any idea what it is? is it an acro crab that won't harm anything else in hte tank or should i remove them after acclamitization?

as for the order, it arrived on time and everything looked great.

thanks Ivan
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

ijo
    Do they have any hair on them? if not... then they are more than likely safe and will actually help your acro.... I'm sure there are a few other members who can help id them.

Glad everything went well barry

IJO

I got a couple too - I think one is a porcelain and the other a typical acro crab. No hair on either.

The order is awesome - I'm very pleased with all mine. Even Johnny's green acro frag made it this time! The curse has been broken!
    Susan

ijo
    This last shipment was a wierd one... all acro's had at least on acro crab.. some had as many as 4. Wish they all arrived like this one.

IJO

It is SO nice to be able to get stock that has only had to live thru a short airplane ride, vs. all the way from the west coast. All my critters were just scrambling to get out, and the acros even had their true colours showing. Thanks Ivan. The conch is awesome. I call it" Barry's". :biggrinbo
    Gail in Nova Scotia

ijo
    "The conch is awesome. I call it" Barry's"" lol Gail... thats just mean : I'll get more barry... hehe

IJO

hehe, i hope you do. put me down for one when they come in.

the yellow acro was awesome. it had polyps out while i was floating it in the tank and all last night adn a few this morning when i peeked in with the flashlight.
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

I'm seeing pink in my cats paw frag already

The hystrix is wild, I love the crazy pointy tips. It's all fuzzy with polyps this morning. The big acro is my favorite I think. It lost most of the pretty mauve colour in shipping but I'm sure it'll come back as it settles in over the next couple weeks.

Great order Ivan!
    Susan

Acro crabs are always amazing!!! NEVER get rid of them. There are some pretty awesome colored ones too. My friend has a couple that are a combo of yellow & purple!!! They look like little hot rods!!! Some of us will even base buying a coral colony on if there is an acro crab in it or not.
    Keep these guys, as they will keep the coral clean and healthy. They will at times change their home, but not often. Usually, certain types will only stay in certain types of corals.

ijo
    yes... I've seen the yellow/purple ones... they are very kewl. now if i can only figure out how to frag crabs... :idea:

IJO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast