Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shipping

Smile shipping

has anybody out there orderd from live aquaria before. if so was it a good order. as in was everything healthy on arrival and did they live. I am thinking about ordering a yellow tang and some snails from there but i dont want to ship form the states with out consoulting somebody that has. :chatter:

Most places in the US will not ship to Canada due to all the paperwork required by the CITES agreement. In my opinion, you would be much further ahead ordering from Aquaria Canada or J & L. Here is the CITES website so you can look up the requirements - http://www.cites.ec.gc.ca/eng/sct0/index_e.cfm

Vickie

well i already asked them and they said they would thats why i am asking if they're shippment is good.

Even allowing for the CITES aspects (fish aren't covered under CITES), there can be substantial delays in processing shipments through customs. This could be very serious for livegoods. Does Liveaquaira offer an 'arrive alive' guarantee for shippments to Canada? Or just to the USA?

Like Vickie, I would have thought you would be much more secure ordering tangs and snails from a Canadian site (since they are readily available here).
    Nick

Nick, FYI, snails (ie queen conch http://www.cites.ec.gc.ca/ControlLis...ang=e&code=462) are covered by CITES.

I didn't do a search on the latin name for yellow tang but it could be there.

Vickie

Cool

YES definatly no need to order that stuff from the US as its very common here.you can just take a drive in to CALGARY as I'm positive they have a few LFS there. You can also order online from here AC, or J&LAQUATICS .com/ If you order from the US and some thing goes wrong you have no recourse.

I didn't look for snails and CITES. Thanks for the up-date. I did however look for fish a couple of months ago. The only 'fish' covered by CITES are: sharks, seahorses, doplhins, whales. Ornamental fish are not included and can be imported without problem (unless they've changed the regulations).
    Nick

Nick, I didn't look for many snails - just the conch because another forum made mention that because of the difficulty in identifying the various conches, they have all been added under a general category (don't remember now what that was). Like you said, it is hard to keep up with the requirements.

Vickie

Well actualy calagry does have some LFS but they are not trust worthy i have talked to some reefers today in school and they have said that 25 percent of their fish lived past 3 months from there so i am steering clear exept for LR. I am familiar with Jl as well

I drive across the border and pic up most stuff myself, its about 15% of what i pay at the lfs, my mandarin that i bought was 10$ in bangor, and its 55$ at my lfs, there is just no comparison

I recently ordered mangroves from the states and the total cost after shipping was half of what it would have been from jl before shipping
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast