Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help!!

Need help!!

My duster seems not good these days after I put some nitrate sponge in the filter. Anyone knows what's wrong with my duster? Thanx!!

What have you been feeding it? What are your nitrite and ammonia readings? What kind of lighting? How big is your tank and how long has it been set up? What else do you have in the tank?

The answers to these questions will help us help you.

Vickie

That looks like a HAWIAN FEATHER DUSTER and most of the large feather dusters don't last as they need a certain size of food to survive. I'm not sure what food item is available for these or if there even is any but you could go to reefcentral.com and do a search.

I have one just like it, looks like its going to blow its head...Mine has only done it once....

Thats EXACTLY what mine looked like.. and thats what it did. Looked like it was crawling out of its tube and then eventually within a few days it popped off, and that was it I tested everything I could possibly think of, and nothing came back wrong. If you figure it out... please let me know. As to this day I think my clowns were rough housing it too much!!

Is it hungry? It already dropped off its crown...

Were you feeding it anything? Phyto is what I was told to feed mine. Too little to late though for me. I think the only thing you can do now is give it a couple days and see if anything comes of it. How long have you had it for? And is your water in check? PH? Nitrite, Amm. and so on.

I never feed it since I got it about 6 weeks ago. I test my water once a week, PH, Calcium, Amonnia, Nitrate, Nitrite, etc.
    only problem is my Nitrate, I got 10ppm of it. Thus, I got some Nitrate sponge to low down my Nitrate level.

What kind of test kit are you using? ACCORDING to the ones I have 10 isn't anything to worry about. Just something to monitor though. Have your other levels spiked already? Nitirte and Ammonia?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast