Question Snail reproduction

ive seen hundreds of snail eggs in my tank over the past month. do they grow in to adults or do they die off? is there any way to help them survive?

sup man....i have had tons too...they are all growing and i have done nothing to help them along. good luck!

What kind of snails are these?

I think snails are the only thing that really survives as babies-I have a bunch too,It takes along time for them to grow. Mine are about a year now and they are only about a quarter of an inch!

so they do grow? cool! i have 20 astrea, 20 nassarius, 5 turbos, 5-10 cerith, and 5 margarita's. so i should have billions and be selling them in a year Eh??? lol
    :

Originally posted by aquamann
    so they do grow? cool! i have 20 astrea, 20 nassarius, 5 turbos, 5-10 cerith, and 5 margarita's. so i should have billions and be selling them in a year Eh??? lol
    :
    I've had/have astrea & turbos and they never laid eggs but since the inception of cerith I have them everywhere. I'm not sure if some of them belong to my new margarita's but cerith definitely spawn in aquariums, as far as I know I don't believe all do spawn in aquariums.

My slugs spawn like made and they are all different, some cute and some nasty ugly but they all work hard for their room and board so I'm happy

It's probably your Cerith snails...they lay eggs all the time. Most of mine get picked off by my six line wrasse but some have grown to be small juveniles.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

While most snails will spawn regualarly, not all the species manage to survive and grow. Probably different needs as juveniles. Stomatellas and Ceriths seem to be the only ones that survive "regularly" and I would assume on the odd occasion, one of the other types might.