Thread: neemo's egg

neemo's egg

Hi

is there anything i can do for those little eggs that the pair of clown fish got yesterday. I was trying to move some rocks around and suddendly the female clown fish just speed up her swimming and bupped into my arm several time , like she was attacking me. She pocked me so hard, and usually she's not that agressive, so i try to understand why... Finally i saw some eggs on the air tube on the ground!!!

Now i now that she was trying to protect the eggs. Are they all going to be eaten , what should i do to protect them

Anyone?

thanks

i think they have to lay another few times before they finally get a hatch. do they have a lot of competition in the tank? id check on reefcentral for more information on breeding clowns. i beleive they have a huge section in there on that topic. its alot of work to keep the young fed though. rotifers and then baby brine shrimp. ask some of the pro's for more details.

thanks aquamann

Cool

fish food, unless you want to get into breeding which takes a bit of work and study then don't worry. those clowns will just keep on laying as do cleaner shrimp. Its healthy for the tank.

that's sad
    :bawling:

o well
    what can we do
    my cleaner shrimp to is pregnant!!!

are you holding a maternity ward for all these guys-must be hormones in the water!:blush: :what3:

You'll have to seperate the clowns and have them isolated. The eggs will be eaten and you may lose of injure smaller fish from the clown protecting them. Raising the eggs and fry are a lot of work but can be done. My saddlebacks lay eggs 2-3 times a year.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!