Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Omg!!!!i Can Kick Myself So Hard

OMG!!! I WAS JUST WATCHING MY TANK GETTING READY TO TARGET FEED MY BUSH AND ........... I FOUND A FLATWORM!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!! PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT BIG AL'S IN MONTREAL HAS FLATWORMS!!!!!

I called the store and spoke to the manager and he kept saying "Are you accusing us of having flatworms, WE;VE NEVER had flatworms" he refused to acknowledge this. He asked me "WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT THIS? WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? I DON'T HAVE THEM?" I told him to shut down his tanks and get them out AND advise ALL customers that he has flatworms and REFUSE to sell them ANYTHING till he gets this cleaned up. He asked the girl incharge of and she said "SHE DIDN'T GET THEM HERE!"

TRUST ME THEY DO HAVE THEM AND THEY HAVE A POOR F$*@ING ATTITUDE TOO.

I can kick myself so hard because I just sent Vickie some corals (God help me) AND I've thought of buying Flatworm Exit before adding any "New" purchases in from Outside places AND DIDN'T DO BE STUPID buy it now.
    I told them EVERYONE I know will be advised of their attitude and that they refuse to even look into this!

what are flatworms and what do they look like?
    45 Gallon
    x2 96WPC Lights, x2 9W over CPR fuge, x1 36W T5 Actinic
    Remora C skimmer, Ehiem Cannister
    Solon Wrasse,Yellow Tang, Clarkii Clown, Blue Neon Goby, Mandarin
    Assorted Zoo's,Shrooms,Rics, LPS

crappy luck dude. our lfs has em too in the coral tanks

I'd say the front of the tank is brown. Wish that I could get in off of this boat before it rusts apart underneath me. Thank god we land home again on Friday.

A few points:

1) Don't freak out. Having one flatworm is not the end of the world. Ignoring it and having hundreds of them in a mat all over your tank in six months, can be.

2) Get some flatworm exit now, and dose your tank, as there is minimal risk at this time. Do your research first though. Do some searches here, and on reefcentral.com and read up on the process.

3) Just about every LFS has them (except IJO at the moment). Accept it and deal with it yourself. It should be your standard policy to dose FE to everything you bring home and plan to add to your tank. All it takes is a few drops to the bag and let it sit for about 15 mins. This is enough to toast them before you start your acclimation. As always, never add "bag water" to your main tank.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Yup,

I agree with everything Zookeeper just said.
    If you found one, there's most probably more. Siphon any that you find, and then add Flatworm Exit to your tank. Even a double-dose or tripple dose is safe. It's the "body-juice" from flatworms that is the problem. Since you just found one now, "nip it in the butt", kill 'em off before they establish a population, and you'll be fine.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

which wrasses eat flatworms? and can they keep a population in check?

This is exactly the way that the mailorder place that I got mine from reacted. There was no doubt whatsoever but they just denied it. I guess the minute they accept any liability they feel they have to do something to make up for it. Imagine. *groan*

When I first got mine there was no such thing as flatworm exit. Now there is. It's not the death sentence that it used to be. Just dose your tank now before you have a problem.
    Susan

With all the uproar that went on here not so long ago I find it hard to understand why anyone who is even aware of the existence of flat worms ... isn't taking preventative measures when adding new stock to their tank. I'm sorry .. but you asked for them but I do hope you can get them all taken care of A.S.A.P.
    Rob

Originally posted by One Salty Dog
    With all the uproar that went on here not so long ago I find it hard to understand why anyone who is even aware of the existence of flat worms ... isn't taking preventative measures when adding new stock to their tank. I'm sorry .. but you asked for them but I do hope you can get them all taken care of A.S.A.P.
    Rob
    Well thanks in helping to kicking me when I'm down. I admitted it was stupid and yes it was.

I DID NOT post this thread to cry "whoa is me" I posted this thread to advise other people who DO buy from outside sources to take the precaution AND to advise people that Big Al's has them.

I could have NOT said anything and cleared up the matter quietly and not taken the kicking from other people (other than myself) BUT I wanted to advise the public of this plague that Big Al's has and the irresponsible manner in which they are handling it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast