Micro Tube worms

Well here it is i came home from school and fed my fish. then i was checking and looking at my tank and the inhabitant like everybody does when i decide to look at my mini tube worm "farm" i have. Well low and behold i have 2 red mini feather dusters. The crowns are about 2 or 3 mm wide i was so happy. What should i do know. I mean i have has those mini dusters that are on your tank glass from time to time but these guys are right in there with them and are 3 times the size.
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.

I'd try to get them some phytoplankton, their main food source. If you don't have fish that eat them these can thrive in a reef. At this point it's hard to say how big they could actually get but all dusters have to start small so you never know.
    Susan

From my experience, these little dusters will stay the size they presently are. With time as the tank matures, you'll see many different colored ones with the most common ones being all white, white with blue dots, all pink, all red, white with red/stripes dots and white with pink dots/stripes. These little guys eat phytoplankton. Actually, it is a good idea to be feeding the tank itself some type of microfood for all the microlife to grow and multiply by. When I first started to feed phytoplankton to my tank along time ago, I noticed an absolute explosion of various microlife on my rockwork. All these little varieties are excellant for the tank because they are all natural filterers and part of the bio filtering of the tank.

Ryan- I have what sounds like the same little red duster. It came in with the LR and has been through lots of changes and natural disasters such as getting buried by the jawfish. But it is just fine and is one of my favourite tank critters.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

The LFS had a nano reef on the front desk and this peice of rock was in there i payed 1.75 for it. I am pretty happy it is like my tube worm and feather duster farm. It is the only rock that has them but it is getting full. The little curly ones are starting on my front glass but i dont care about them yet. It is cool when you look at the edge of the rock because it appears the rock is fuzzy. When it is actually the feathers of the other worms.
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.