Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talking Mandrin all puckered up...

So now after 3 years of running my tank, I come down with flat worms.. Now there are many ways to solve it but i decided i would try the natural way first, and picked up a mandrin..

From the moment he hit my tank i have seen him picking away at my rocks, and i must say i have seen a difference with the noticable flatworms dissapearing..

so i just wanted to show a little shot of this little god!

Just turned out the halides and he was out hunting, So i told him to say Chesse and he puckered right up for a good nite kiss

them are nice fish i have read that the blue ones are males and the more orange ones are female not too sure but man they are beautiful though. Do you find probalems with your always hiding or is it out and about? Also is it afraid of you or does it come to see what you are doin?
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.

One of the most beautiful marine fish and a tribute to God's creative genius! I just put one in my tank last week and we're getting lots of entertainment watching him. He comes right up to the glass and almost appears to be watching us at times.

The blue and Orange color difference is just a variance in the coloring or species. It has nothing to do with the male/female thing. Males will have a long dorsal spine at the front of their fin that they erect often. WHile they are gorgeous visually, they are very harsh amongst themselves. have you ever seen 2 males fighting? They basicallt will stab at each other with those puckered lips and tend to hit on the sides where their fins are to the point that they will actually penetrate or stab the other. I once saw one male actually stab itself into another one and started to violently shake it about till it was knocked senseless.

Wild! Do you have any idea how much they eat? Like how many pods will they eat in a day? The things never seems to stop hunting for food.

Livingwaters, I've had a mandarin since Christmas in my 90 gallon (200 lb of lr) with refuge. I've added 2 bottles of Reef Crew pods to the refuge as well. Recently I have noticed a decrease in the amount of pods that are in the refuge. This is just to give you some idea what it takes to feed one mandarin.

I have upped the phyto that I feed to the refuge as well as moving some lr and macro algae to the sump in hopes of increasing the pod population. Unfortunately it take 20 to 30 days for a pod to go from birth to maturity.

Vickie

Yea they do eat a ton, Now mine right now is eatting my flatworms.. But i do also have a 100 gallon, with around 200 pounds of rock and around 180 pounds of sand.. with the refug.. but once my flat worms are gone.. i might reconcider relocatng him, To a friends 300g that has been running now for about 5 years.

I want one i think i am going to wait a year then attach a fuge then wait 6 months, attack a sump withs Sh!t load of LS and Lr wait a year then maybe consider getting one.
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.

ijo
    if your looking to explode your pod and mysis population... think about getting yourself some golden pearls... your corals will also benefit from it. HTH

IJO

I seen a little shrimp thingy in my tank today up agains the glass. It looks like a brineshrimp although much longer and had longer antenea. Was about as long as my finger nail. Was this a pod or if not what was it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast