Fish Vitamin Supplements?

Hi Everyone,

I have one of my fish thay keeps getting sick. I feed my fish hickari freeze dried krill. What vitamin supplament should I use in the food to build its immune system? I was thinking of using seachem garlic guard or kent garlic extreme but I cannot find anything with vitamin C. Any suggestions would be appreciated this is for marine only tank.

Thank You
    Terry

garlic is good but AC sells selcon. that works great. loads of vitamin c and loads of lipids. great product

Fish, like people need a variety of foods. IMO. If you don't want to buy a variety of fish foods (frozen, flake & freeze dried) make some blender mush. Just buy an assortment of seafood (squid, mussels, scallops, clams, octipus, fillets from non oilly fish, etc) put them in a blender and blend until as finely chopped as your fish require. Freese in sandwich bags (about 1/4 inch thick) or in the small ice cube trays. Break off a piece and thaw in tank water for your fish. I also add nori (human sea food available at the grocery store), phyto, selcon, and garlic extract (from a health food store). If the mixture is too thick, add some RO water. It's like making a soup or stew - use what is available that is good for the fish. If you have fish that need algae - then use more nori, etc.

The thing to remember when you are buying the seafood, is look for fresh or frozen without preservatives. Many times the packages will list a phosphate as a preservative. Recently I was able to buy a bag of mixed seafood with no preservatives for $3.00 - a lot less than buying a little bit of everything. For less than $5.00 I have enough food to last a month.

Vickie

nice vickie.