Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yes Bought The Banggais

Okay
    I am so excited i bought my banggais today. The store only got 3 in but i paid for them and are bringing them home tomorrow (pics tomorrow). I bought 2 3 inchers and 1 4 incher. They are beautiful and are all getting along great. I am so excited to bring them home. Hope they like the tank. Hope the Clark's enjoy them.
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.

PS guys this means that in about a year I am peddling Banggai's so save your money:biggrinbo :evillaugh LOL guys :happy2:
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.

I hope you achieve your dreams, Ryan. This is a nice start.

Vickie

Yes vickie they are the most beautiful fish i have seen. WOW i will post some pics tomorrrow. they had a nice coral beauty but he was pretty much dead

Congrats on the bangais. Are you going to get a long spined urchin for the babies? I've heard that the little ones like to hang out amongst the spines.
    Susan

Nope no Uchin unless i can find one for cheap. Te babies will take to anenomes and mushrooms too and i have pleant of them.

I would give you my spiney urchin for shipping but since I am finding it large in my 90 gallon, I don't think it would fit in your 40. The urchin is neat to watch but everytime my hand is in the tank, it comes right at me. I'm tired of being spiked. LOL

Vickie

That's strange, Vickie. I've never heard of an urchin doing this before. Mine hides during the day and only comes out at night. Same with Gail's.
    Susan

My diadema urchin (from Ivan) is out day and night. The only time it kindof hid during the day was during the first week or so that I had him. Now he is normally moving all over the tank (sand bed as well as rock work) all the time. He was about 5 inches in dia (spine tip to spine tip) in Feb when we got him. Now he is over 8 inches.

One of my new frags was on the sandbed this morning and that spiney urchin has been sitting right beside it - daring me to put my hand in there. LOL He moved enough (spines no longer covered the frag) that I was able to reach in and return the frag to the top of the rock work. Now that the frag is gone, the urchin is starting to move up the glass.

Please tell me how you keep yours under control, Susan.

Vickie

I have never heard of one of these urchins having behavior like this. I know several people with them and they all say the same thing - they hide in the back of the tank during the day and come out at night. I really like him and have often wished he would be out more but now I'm not so sure.

Vickie, I think you have a mentally challenged urchin
    Susan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast