Thread: Sump

Sump

I was wondering if anyone ever tried to build a wooden sump. or knew what would be ok to use to seal it, I think the fibreglass that's used on the hulls of boats is no toxic after it cures. This would be make it real easy to make a nice big sump that's easy to drill.
    It woun't matter if you can see through it as long as you have access to the top.
    anyways if anyone has knowledge of such a beast please let me know =)

Tic
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

GARF (www.garf.org) has a whole bunch of stuff about building plywood tanks. Might answer many of your questions.
    Nick

If you want a BIG cheap sump that's easy to drill just go out to Canadian tire , wall-mart, zellers, etc and but a VERY large plastic storage container. I have seen some this spring that are link 3 feet long X 2 wide and at least 2 and 1/2 high. But the time you buy the wood, fiberglass cloth, resin and hardener and deal with the mess you will likely be saving money with the manufactured container.
    Rob

better yet find a farm feed store and buy a water trough. rubbermaid makes them and they can be 150 to 300g. there awsome.

woooo all good ideas hehe, thanks for the info
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

oh salty, I see in your interests you like Dobermans...I have a minature, does that count hehe actually it's my wife's, I had a Great Dane, but sadly had to put it down a couple years ago =(
    you talk about a sight, walking a Great Dane and a Pinature Pinser down the street LOL

Tic

hey tictoc . the mini pincher is the only "other" dog I would own .. they are neat :-) Danes are great but too big for my yard .. Sorry to hear about his /her passing
    Rob