Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New fish weekend

Wow
    What a weekend. Friday i bought 3 Banggai cardnalfish. All are surviving bought all 3 for 25 dollars from Pet Cetera. Today i bought a female coral beauty from Allownace pets in Medicine Hat for 43 dollars and i also bought 3 hawaiian feather dusters from Animal world for 14.00. The dusters were all stuck together so she charged me for only one.:biggrinbo . Got some pretty good deals. I am happy. The tank now includes:
    -2 clarks clownfish (want to sell or trade tem)
    -1 4 stripe Damsel (want to trade or sell)
    -3 Banggai Cardnalfish (2 males and 1 female)
    -1 Feamle fiji coral beauty
    -2 margarita snails
    -1 astrea snail
    -3 Hawaiian Feather Dusters
    -2 hermit crabs.

Here is what i saw in animalworld that i can remember
    -cleaner shrimp
    -2 blood shrimp
    - 2 (1 inch long) cleaner shrimp
    - saddleback clown
    6 Ocellaris clowns
    - panther grouper
    - red balck lionfish
    -cowfish
    -puffers
    percula clownfish
    -lawnmower goby
    2 blue linkia starfish
    - tons of corals
    royal gramma
    -Banggai cardnalfish
    -flame cardnalfish
    -pajama cardnalfish
    -copperbanded butterfly
    -racoon butterfly
    -2 koran Angels
    - 2 flame scallops
    -pygmy angelfish
    -hawiian feather dusters

Animal World
    rusty angel, male and female coral beauty, highfin shrimp goby, 2 engineer gobies, pufferfish, clowns, emperor angelfish, orbit batfish, 1 inch yellow tang, 1 inch scopa tang, 2 1 inch convit tang, arrow crab, 1 flouresent open brain (yellow blue green). too many to name
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.

be carefull of the bioload you throwing in your tank. you have added 4 fish in just a few days. carefull not to overfeed or expect an amonia spike.,
    HTH

I made sure amonia was at a minimum. But thats all you can say is be carful of the bioload ur throwing ur tank. Not even a hey those are nice fish they have a real personality. Or i have them they are nice fish. Even a sounds like nice store but make sure you are not adding fish too fast. I am monitoring my tank every 2 days and the night before i add fish a test gets done first then a waterchange second. Thanks aquamann rally raise my spirits. I know when u post pics or threads about u getting new fish i always comment nicly saying wow nice fish never watch ur levels
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.

Ryan, did I miss the pictures of your Banggai? Last I remember was you were going to post pictures in 2 hours. It is hard to comment on nice fish if you don't post a picture.

Aquaman is concerned for your fish. You have increased the bio load a lot faster than is usually recommended and I'm sure you don't want to lose your new fish due to ammonia spikes. I don't remember you posting how often you check your levels so no one here was to know.

It looks like you got some good deals.

Vickie

So tell me Ryan...where is this fish store located? Can't seen to find a Tabor on the map

I don't know about the going price of Banggai cardnalfish in your area....however at Animal Expert they charge 59$ for them. But for this shop thats not a big surprise. Everything they sell is well over the norm for Montreal Area shops

Cool RYAN

you got a real deal for those prices. Aquamann was just trying to help and your reply was a little hotheaded. we've never seen any pics and he jusy mentioned you just super increased you bioload. monitoring means nothing, what will you do when the ammonia does spike? do you have another tank setup? we don't know these things. you do now have 7 fish in your tank and thats an overloaded 40g tank. hope you do trade the ones you wanted to get rid of. the CORAL BEAUTY can become a holy terror along with the damsel and the clarkis and mix them all together!

ryan,
    i was in a rush last night which is why i did'nt praise you. its nice to get new fish and im sorry i offended you but it was late and i was in a rush.
    nice fish
    nice store
    all the best

Okay sorry vivkie i had taken the pictures but they were too big to put on the site. I am shrinking them now and hopefully they will be on later this afternoon. But they will be on. Ladybug Taber is an 8 thousand people town you are not going to find it unless u have an alberta map. It is 52 kilometers east of Lethbridge and ummm 1 hour west of Medicine Hat in southern Alberta. Johnny Rock the two clark's i want to trade off or sell, the damsel same thing, and one of the banggai's is going to a fellow reefers house. I am just waiting for them to pair off. As for the other fish the clarks and the damsel waiting for a reply from anybody who wants them.

Sorry failed to mention no other fish will be going into the tank probally until august 30. I will have those 4 fish gone by then and i am putiing alot more LR. making the sand be deeper and putting in a sump and refugium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast