Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: added new fish

added new fish

So, after everyone's advise on fish picks, I decided to stray from all suggestions (sorry - no insult meant). After much thought, deliberation, and discussion with the clown expert on RC, my husband and I decided on a coral beauty (as we do not have a reef setup) and a royal gramma. We were somewhat worried about compatablility with our maroon clown (Momo - our daughter named her), but so far everything is peachy. All are semi-aggressive, but you wouldn't know it from their behaviour. Momo has decided that the coral beauty (Gabriel) is her life partner (they swim the tank together all day and they even sleep together - very cute), and the gramma (Phillip) has claimed the middle of the tank his own. He sleeps right in front of the lovebirds. One big happy family. Now, if any one of them would let the cleaner shrimp do his work, everyone would be thrilled

Sounds like a nice group of fish to me.
    Susan

Nice selection there. Some very colorful fish and all are full of personality.

I just bought a coral beauty ver nice fish. I have mine with muushrooms, GSP's, and Feather dusters she dont touch a thing
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.

CORAL BEAUTYS, are awsome looking angels, they can pick at things but sometimes there okay. Ive owned one but it picked at polyps.they need a lot of live rock for hiding and picking at to be happy. Just look at RYANS tank setup and thats what you don't want for the CORAL.

We've started curing more live rock to go in the tank beacuse he's picked a lot of it clean already.

What r u talkin about Johnny i have seen multiple coral beauties in tank with mushrooms and GSP. As long as the fih is happy and fed nothin will come to them. He has been in the tank now for 2 days, has looked at my GSP's and just swam away same with the mushroom. Each fish is different try differnt corals.
    Anybody can start a reef tank it takes a realy intrest in the hobby to maintain one.

Sara the nice thing about coral beauties is that they can be placed with other dwarf angels. The male in the store was in with a rusty angel smaller than the coral beauty and there was no fiting. The tank as about a 33 gallon. Mine the female was in a 33 with a pygmy angel no fighting.

ryan,
    i think he is talking about the small amount of live rock you have in there for hiding and picking purposes.
    you may have a model citizen right now, but that does'nt void out all of the horror stories you hear about them, and other pygmies ripping corals to shreds.
    like you said, keep em fed and you might get lucky. but it really comes down to the personality of the fish

But you see in the pet stoe i was talkin to the person there and he said the male was a known coral eater and the female didnt eatcorals. She was in with ll kinds when i was there. Plate, GSP, acpora, scroll mushroom zoo's. That fish didnt even pick at them. But the male there were a few mushrooms left in his tank. But man was he picking at them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast