hipo tang always hides

why does the hippo always hide in the rocks .he comes out to eat then hides comes out to eat then hides again,only when its dark he hides till the next morning.is this normal?

Is he a new addtition to your tank? i konw when we added ours he would hide in my montipora all day every day.. for a couple of weeks.. .. Now he is out most of the time.

They normally hide at night, usually in the same place. That is one reason they are such ich magnets. The parasites drop off in the same place every night and then re-attach later. . . like having bed-bugs.

He will probably start coming out more during the day. They love to swim. I wouldn't worry as long as he is eating well.

They are timid fish and take a long time to become comfortable with people in the room- Give him time-soon he'll be a hog and only go in at night. And keep him fat!!
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

thx guys every thing u guys said is exactly wat the tang does.

Tony

he is used to the ocean where if he is in the wrong place at the wrong time, he becomes fish and chips. once he realizes that there is nothing in his new little world that can harm him, he will feel a lot more comfortable.
    Albert
    My Photos