Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Instant Ocean Salt Getting Smaller

I use Reef Crystals

Yup looked around here and the price is the same for smaller, that's a rip off considering how many bad batches they had last year. I never liked IO now I have another reason.

reef crystals are also made by aquarium systems. just an enriched blend thats all. im not a pro but i think there is just as much room for error in both kinds

Have you heard any feedback regarding the new Oceanic salt? Supposed to be generating some good buzz...
    - Alan

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Actually, I've noticed that the IO buckets are now 160 instead of the 200 gallon mixes for a while now. In fact, I'm going to buy my 3rd 160gal bucket now.

I'll point out that the 160gal bucket is less expensive than the 200gal buckets were. The 1st one I bought at 49.99 (on special), and now they're 59.99. The 200 gal buckets were 69.99 on special, and normally priced at 74.99. I've even seen the 200gal buckets priced at 99.99.

They also have a very handy screw on lockable lid. Which is A LOT more convenient than the snap on lids are on the 200gal buckets.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

our LFS sells 200 gal buckets for 119.99$...
    YOWZAA

Aquaman...that's the highest I've ever heard for IO, rip-off.

I also noticed the decrease some time ago...the LFS that was selling it had the price down 20%, which matched the decrease in volume (200g to 160g)...didn't seem like a big deal to me. Like Tang-Man said....cool bucket!!

Hey Ivan, what's the scoop...you must have a wholesale price list...does the decrease in volume, truly match the decrease in price??
    Keep passing the open windows!

ijo
    Pubber... salt is real tough to get here once you factor in the shipping costs. I do not have a pricelist for salt as I'm still looking for a wholesaler that can enable AC to sell these at a resonable rate.

IJO

Ivan: Bummer...why don't you let us know which distributor you'd like to go with, then maybe those of us who want to buy it thru you could bombard them with e-mail requesting you get a fair distribution cost. You know, a little bit of a pressure tactic

Would it work, do they care?
    Keep passing the open windows!

ijo
    hehe I don't think they care... I contacted Aquarium Systems and they pretty muhc told me they would not sell to AC... I laughed and said.. how many buckets do I have to order? after a good 10 minutes of pulling teeth... they stated 800 buckets and then we can talk.

I was willing to bite at 200 but 800 is a little over my head... lol

They have a cople distributors in Montreal but these guys are asking to much... and volume doesn't seem to earn you a discount.

So far It looks like I'll have to rent a moving truck and pick them up in the US to be able to compete.

IJO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast