ahhh my hippo tang has ich

i am totally confused here as to what to do,i have been reading about ich treatments on here and a different site.

should i quantine or not?

should i leave him in my main tank with my 2 perc clowns and corals?

should i do a freshwater dip?

should i do a hyposalinty?(is that were you put the fish in the quantine for 5 weeks and lower the salinty?

Please can someone give me some advice?

is it a new addition? I would at first try selcon and garlic. soak your food in it for awhile and then feed. keep water quality up. some have lowered temp a few degrees to slow the cycle.
    also iff you don't have try a cleaner shrimp and cleaner gobies.

If it's not a REAL bad case and the fish is eating well you may want to ride it out. I gave up on acquiring tangs with out expecting ich a long time ago. I run a UV unit now and for me I prefer to protect my fish and my water first ... worry about pods etc later
    Rob

yeah i picked her up last tuesday ,my tank is a 125 g with a 30 g sump,its approx 3 months old.before her i had 2 perc clowns and 1 cleaner shrimp,1 fire shrimp.maybe i need more?i have a euroreef cs8-2 skimmer and water params are good.where do i get the selcon and garlic from?just the grocery store
    the fish seems to be fine ,eating like mad,

you can get it from your pet store.
    i would get a cleaner shrimp, they are helpful at taking care of your fish, but it wont be enough, you will have to help him through it using the methods mentioned above. if you just ignore it, it will probably just get worse and result in your tang becoming crab meat.
    Albert
    My Photos

i have the same prob ,as long as he eats well you will be ok ,just ride it out,i am.soak food in selcon,food type try ociaen nutrician formula two with 2% garlic.

Give him some time and feed, feed, feed. If the is eating well and no one is pestering him, he'll probably be fine- take all of this great advice!!
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

My coral beauty developed ich a few days after putting her in the tank. 5 days of garlic soaked food, and so far so good (over 1 week with no ich). I think as long as it's a minor case, and your fish is relatively healthy, it should be fine. I was watching for rapid breathing (infestation in the gills), and if that occured I was ready to copper treat, but fortunately, she fought it off. Give you fish some time, keep a close eye, and ride it out.

dont forget its a new arrival in the tank so its normal for it to be scared,time will heal all stress,i hope you dont have any agressive fish?

hey thanks guys for all the info ,i will keep a very close eye on the tang and the 2 perc clowns.and will head down to my LFS and buy some selcon and soak the food in some garlic extreme.