feeding suggestions

I know it is good to maintain a divers diet, but what exactly does everyone reccomend for feeding a foxface and a pair of clowns as well as a brain coral ?

I've been feeding them regular flakes as well as frozen mysis mixed with some powder cyclop-eeze... after some posts i've seen I'm guessing maybe I should be feeding a few other things as well ?

My brain also seems to love the frozen mysis and gulps it down very quickly.
    ======================
    sold the 77gallon back in 2005, looking to setup a nano

usually the more variety in the diet the better. it will ensure that they are getting a little bit of everything, and they will probably enjoy the special of the day as well.
    Albert
    My Photos

This is a good starting point from Eric Borneman - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=176530

Personnally I have been able to buy a mixed bag of frozen seafood (octopus, shrimp, clams, etc) without any preservatives listed. To this I add some scallops and a fish fillet. I add enough RO water to make a medium paste and pour it into a sandwich baggie. I flatten this to about 1/4 inch thick and freeze. I break off a small chunk and thaw in the blender with some RO water. Then about 3 drops of Selcon, a piece of nori and a quick blend - soups on!!! I have added spirulina flakes, freeze dried plankton/krill and garlic extract as well. Basically I add what ever is good for the fish/corals. For less than $5 I have enough food to last a month.

I also feed just hatched brine shrimp, rotifers, phyto (TET & NCP) daily. Just before lights out I drop in a few shrimp pellets for the night feeders. I have seen an increase in my animal life in the refuge since I started adding a few shrimp pellets to the refuge when the refuge lights come on.

Vickie

wow vicky very interesting. But, doesn't the soup get diluted in the tank? I though fish would go after "solid pieces" of food....?
    Do or do not. There is no "try" - Jedi Master Yoda

The mush is for everything else in the tank. Corals, sandbed critters, worms, etc. I make a special blend just for my refugium. It has loads of goodies for veggie and meat eaters. Keeps my tank well stocked with pods and live mysis.
    Susan

so then what are the options for feeding fish only?
    Do or do not. There is no "try" - Jedi Master Yoda

For fish variety is key I think. I feed more than most people but in 3 years I've never had a fish disease or parasite in my tank. Currently I feed 3 meals a day (9:30am, 2:30pm, 6:30pm) of:
    1 cube Hikari Mysis
    1 cube Blood Worms
    1 cube Mega Marine Algae or Angel (alternating)
    1 cube worth of PE mysis
    1 whole scallop, tiger shrimp or equivalent in squid (alternating)

If Sascha, the big squarespot anthias, gets grumpy and chases the other fish sometimes I feed him a bit of flake food in between meals to give him something to do.

I feed the refugium a good sized chunk of my homemade mush in the morning and a little squirt of food at each mealtime.

Then in the evening around 8:30pm I feed about 3 or 4 cubes worth of brine shrimp soaked in Selco to the tubastreas but everything in the tank gets some.

Oh, and I feed 3/4 cup of phytoplankton in the morning and another 3/4 cup in the evening.

That seems to keep everybody fat and happy

If I was just feeding fish I probably would only feed about half that. I have a lot of sandbed & rock critters so there's never any leftovers but if it was just fish I'd probably have quite a mess.
    Susan

Conan, I don't blend until everything is liquid. I have bigger chunks for the fish and smaller chunks for the crabs and shrimps and liquid for the corals. It is easy to overblend and have soup but I try to end up with chunky soup.

Like Susan, I rarely see anything left after 15 minutes unless I didn't blend enough and there were too many big chunks.

Vickie