Burgandy Linka lost yet another arm!

I've been posting the progress on my burgandy linka, and today it lost another arm! This is her 3rd (You'd think I'd be used to seeing that by now!! But no my first reaction was that something bad happened to it) I haven't seen her first two arms in about a month, but the last time I saw them they were moving about happily. I'm hoping that this one will grow into a baby star.
    I apologize for the picture quality, I never seem to be able to focus! I'll keep trying though.
    First pic is the arm. You can see it is in half and leaking 'stuffing'
    the other two did this for about a week, losing bits of starfish 'stuffing' until it had shrunk to 1 cm in length, when it appeared to have healed & the arms started moving about & growing fat, looking good.
    I've noticed that raising kids & fish are similar: Patience & dedication really pays off!

momma starfish

Poor momma is down to two full length arms, the rest are either growing or now...gone! She's trying to crawl up the back of the tank (Looks disgusting! I always left it to grow algae for my coral beauty fish...)
    She's got two buds where the last two arms fell off. If she gets on the glass I'll try to get pics.
    I've noticed that raising kids & fish are similar: Patience & dedication really pays off!

This is why I find this hobby so fascinating - the unique experiences of each tank. You must want to help momma as she tries to crawl up the glass.

Vickie

Yes the poor thing! It's amazing to see her crawling around. I've got pics! Last week I lost all my fish, and it feels like all bad things are happening...then my starfish does this amazing thing! I'm not sure what to think of it today though, since she's totally fell apart! Every leg is now separate, there's no momma! Arms everywhere. I've got pics of them today, and they are all crawling around. I'm a bit worried my shrimp seems to be taking an unhealty interest in them, as well as my bubble coral. The shrimps been very bored with no fish to clean & he's been picking at the bubble, I hope it leaves the baby arms alone! Sheesh.. my tank drama continues.
    I'm hoping to post the pics later today

how did you lose all your fish??

and could that be why your starfish fell apart?

Fisherman.. I lost my fish to marine velvet disease. It's probably been longer then a week since the last fish died. I'm not sure if it's related.. the starfish has lost arms before, but the momma stayed in one piece.
    Does anyone know if a parasite would affect an invert??
    Here's a pic of one of the arms today.