Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DAN

Yellow Tang agrressivness

Hi guys/gals
    has any of use ever had any trouble wiyh your tang attacking anything in your tanks like featherdusters,ours just did a number it (featherduster) tore out one of the two white stems ,I guest youd call them , from the center of the duster when it was open . ITS not open anymore !!! Hope that this isn't a life thretning blow to the featherduter?
    DAN

My yellow tang attacks both of my cleaner shrimp and eats their antenna (sp?). It really frustrates me to see these large healthy shrimp with half eaten antenna.

I've had my Yellow Tang for 4 years and it has never been agressive.

DAN
    Jeeves
    we just gotr ours little more than a week now thatwas the 1st outbrake of agression weve ever seen from him yet & I hope its the last don't need that type of behavior in the tank that could get expensive . Wonder if the feather will recover its been 6 hrs now still now sign of it coming out ,hope it recovers!!
    DAN

I had one that was very territorial. It actually nipped my kenya tree coral constantly. Needless to say I traded it in....

DAN
    Abahn
    do you think that the feather will ever recover from the injury it got ?Are they reziliant enough for anything like that,too bounce back or is that the end of that for it!!Or can anyone else answer these questions

DAN

DAN
    Smartin77
    did your tang stop with the agression or is it still at it? If so what did you do or did you do anything to rectify the situation?
    DAN

Dan, it will all depend upon how damaged your feather duster was and how healthy (energy reserves) it is. Feather dusters loose crowns now and then, and if they have enough reserves, they will grow a new crown - though usually smaller.

Vickie

DAN
    vjvl51
    so ther is hope of recovery,thats great! It was a good'n helthy feather, lots of life before that little escapade with the tang .
    Thanks Vickie
    :clap2:
    DAN
    Around Here I Have a Verry Responsible Position
    .....every time somthing goes wrong
    I'M RESPONSIBLE!!

DAN... No, the tang is at it constantly. He chases the shrimp into the corner of the tank and starts chomping. I don't think the tang is hungry or anything because I feed my fish alot of food. Sooner or later, I am going to have to trade the tang in. My tank is a 55 gallon and I think this tank is too small for my tang. He is a little bit too edgy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast