Upgraded the lighting and have a few qns

I finally got PCs, It's a 130Watt 14,000k (we can't get higher wattage here in PCs)
    So finally I have a choice in corals.
    As the following are considered a live good, there is a problem in that we can't import; Dt's phytoplankton, Golden pearls, Cyclopeze. In fact any phyto or zoo plankton and no-one here makes them.
    So I have to stock on corals that can live under a 130Watt PC a 30wt NO 50/50 and actinic, without the need for feeding, with products such as the above, and similar. Even thought these corals are sold here they just die because we can't fed them. Simple and sad.
    So. the $60,000 question is, what do I put in there???
    I have a goniopora that will be returned and exchanged for another coral, and button polyps, and some shrooms.
    I'd rather not have anything that becomes a weed or pest, as Xenia and zoanthids can, and with as much variety and color as possible and with some form of compatibility or info on toxicity.
    Thanks. It's a brain teaser..well to me anyway....
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

All of the softies- toadstools, trees, shrooms green star polyps(which can become a weed if it is happy) I bet you could even go with lps- frogspawn, torch, hammer. None of these need to be fed and the light is lowish, but enough...
    Put some reflective mylar or tinfoil under your hood to reflect the extra light back into the tank...
    And just out of curiousity, why do you use a biowheel?
    And, I forgot, are you in Australia?
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

ReefMatt,
    Yup, she's a downundererererer.

Tiff,
    Why can't you get the Golden Pearls or Cyclop eeze? They aren't live as both are a manufactured/processed food. DT's however is live so toss that one. Try ordering from Ivan here ( shipping isn't that bad for these packages as they are small and can go a long way since they are concentrated). Also, you don't have to worry about temp and length of shipping time on these as they are air tight packaged and should be refirdgerated only once they're opened.
    I know about the shipping from here because I have family in Australia ( I REEEEALLY have to go visit one day and take my diving stuff along)..

Oh Toot, you have to go to the GB-Reef, I never thought it possible to see such wondrous things.
    such as ....
    http://www.terragalleria.com/pacific...rier-reef.html

And stay here, If you're a golfer, then this is the place for you, the Sheraton is a great place to stay, and if you go at Xmas, I've got a Sheraton card and we can meet for an all you can eat buffet...(btw, my b/friend and I are like scavengers at the buffet, and we made a pact last time, not to buffet again, but were going to sydney, and, well, the lure of good food at half price and stunning surroundings is too much)
    http://www.barrierreefaustralia.com/port-douglas/sheraton/sheraton_mirage.htm
    And I'm sure it's about time you saw your family....
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

OMG - is this a grouper?

Susan

The "Golden Pearls" is a fantastic product and it was never alive. It made me swear off raising rotifers. Ivan has a good price on a big ziploc bag that will last you months and should be cheap to ship. I can't imagine customs having a problem with it.

If you get desperate let me know. I travel quite a bit myself and I have friends that go to and from Austrailia every few months. I am sure we can find a way to get you some stuff.

that is a potato grouper.. they thrive only in pristine reefs.. lots have vanished from the coast of fiji due to the contamination of the reef from the lumber industry..

its really sad!!!

Susan,
    There is a great segment in the "coral reefs" Imax movie about these Potatoe groupers. They are very used to people and will come right up to you in hopes that you give it something to eat. It will let you pet it even. They are thriving and grown to a nice big size in the GBR because the reefs are a protected area.

Originally posted by Toutouche
    Also, you don't have to worry about temp and length of shipping time on these as they are air tight packaged and should be refirdgerated only once they're opened.
    freeze dried Cyclopeeze needs to be refrigerated once open??:eek4:
    are you sure? mines 6 months old, never been in the fridge....does it go bad?
    thanks.
    thien

Bvoss, when your friends come over let me know. I double checked with the RS and they said the same thing. So I'm sure if Ivan sent them then they'd be held at customs.