Maximizing Coral Growth

I currently have a digita frag as well as two leathers and a brain coral in my tank. Aside from having appropriate lighting and water params and feeding mysis shrimp to my brain coral once a week what can i do to encourage the health and maximize the growth of my corals ? I'm thinking i can do more just not sure exactly what...
    ======================
    sold the 77gallon back in 2005, looking to setup a nano

Having optimum current is definitely something to consider. Research has show that corals deposit skeletal material faster when in higher flow areas.

Keep your nitrates low. Nitrogen is an essential element for zooxanthellae in coral tissue, but too much of it can cause a population explosion of zooxanthellae (corals turning brown can be an indication of this), and too much zooxanthellae can block light transmission into corals and reduce growth through photosynthesis.

I'd also make sure my phosphates were undetectable. Phosphate poisons the calcification process and can slow coral growth.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

How would you measure current ? I have no idea how much current is "too much" especially for my digita and brain coral.
    ======================

Both of those corals can come from dramatically different environments on a real reef. Brain corals are usually found in sheltered areas, like lagoonal areas, or the back reef slope. Montipora corals are often found in areas that are pounded by current, like the reef crest zone or reef slopes.

It's hard to get it just right in a reef tank when you've got corals that come from different areas in nature. Too much current may cause your brain coral to not open, or to suffer tears in it's soft fleshy polyps. M. digitata is found almost everywhere in nature, so you got sort of lucky and picked an SPS coral that isn't quite as demanding as something like an Acropora or a Seriatopora sp. coral. I'd probably aim for 15-20x the tank volume in tank current, per hour, and just try to shelter the brain coral from being pummelled.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

ok, and what about leathers ? enough current so that the polyps move around some but not enough so they are constantly slanted ?
    ======================