Alas poor nano...

So after getting a candy cane & astrea aclimated to my nano, I was thinking of finally spending some quality time in one of my on-line games.

After all my wife took the kids to visit her sister in Toronto until Sunday, I can play with my tanks, my computer, drink beer.... What's was that cracking sound? Why do I hear water running next to me? How did my tank get a 4" wide break it it? Oh & it's 8:59pm, think I can make a pet store before they close?

Why does Murphy love me so much?

So after a few semi paniced calls I found a neighbour with a large enough food save plastic bucket, tossed my heater, power head & all the premade salt water I had on hand into the bucket.

Fished out the candy cane & placed it into a glass container with enough water to cover it. Then I moved the live rock, hermits & snails to the bucket & basically dumped the remaining water & live sand in after them.

After the dust settled a bit, I moved the candy cane in & dumped the last of the water in.

So far I've cleaned the sediment off the live rock & coral with a turkey baster & the zoos are opening again, is there anything else I need to do?

Looks like I get that new tank a bit earlier than I thought...

Cheers!

Well this morning everything but the candy cane seems okay. To be honest I'm going to have to find a picture of a happy candy cane...

I suspect it's too early tho, I just picked him up yesterday from Ivan so it's not likely he'd be happy yet even if I hadn't busted my tank.
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

How did you tank crack? Did the glass actually crack or did a seam give out? Good luck to you. I hope everything turns out.

liv
    bummer dude !
    hope everything survives.

what type of nano was it. DIY or store bought, acrylic or glass and where did it let go ?

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Got me I sat down at the computer & next thing I knew there was water leaking out the back. The back pane of glass actually broke about a 3rd of the way down & half way across the tank.

None of my lr touches the glass, since the tank was tiny, there must have been a defect in the glass. The water couldn't wiegh enough to break it.

I've already got a 10g warming up & I've started putting salt in the RO water. To top things off, I was just about out of salt & I didn't have a canopy that would fit

I think that just blew my fish allowance for a while

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

ijo
    Good to hear your back on track Krugar.. about your fish allowance being drained... your doing pretty good... most of us run the fish allowance in the negative... "It'll be kraft dinner this month honey" hehehe

IJO

Yea, Kraft dinner here for awhile hehe! and I don't even have my tank set up!!! and likely woun't till next year!!!
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple