Angel needs help!

I'm asking on behave of my sick angel because this one is stumping me! In the morning the angels great, good color, eating everything and no signs of deteriorating ! Later in the day the color fades to a pale almost white in the rear and rubbing on surfaces thru out the tank ( possibly parasite). This is the part that stumps me , there still is no rapid breathing no spots or fungus or any other signs to determine what I should do for a cure. I have checked the water and it's OK not sure of my temps(78) but may rise slightly during the day ! Any help would be appreciated , Kevin

Fish will rub at the first sign of parasites or skin conditions. Even before you can see the signs of a problem. Fish do not rub on the bottom or rocks for nothing. Your angle is sending you a message and now that you have received it.... respond accordingly.
    Rob

Thanks for the quick response, whats better a fresh water dip or should she be put into the hosp. tank with copper ? I do have a cleaner shrimp that today she's been visiting alot !
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

If you have a cleaner you may be able to ride it out. And riding it out if safe to do so is a lot easier on the fish then catching hm and moving him followed by medacation. It really Depends .. 1- is this a NEW fish, 2- is it a delicate angle, 3-how healthy is it other then the rubbing. If the cleaner can keep up with the problem then you may be OK but if you decide to ride it out KEEP A CLOSE EYE of the angles day to day condition.
    Rob

I don't have experience with this myself but I have read in many different places that copper is very hard on angel fish and the treatment could cause more problems than the cure.

What kind of angel is it?
    Susan

It's a potter's angel and everything else seems to be fine !
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

I would sure give him a fresh water bath.Is this the only fish that is doing that?Did you add anything to the tank lately?live rock fish....MAke sure that if you do a fresh water bath that you have the exact parameter than your main tank..ph and tempature.I Use Ro water to do that.And i put a little power head in the bucket to oxygen the water too.
    Derik...

I don't mean to put down anyone here but you might want to consider posting about this in the fish disease forum on www.reefcentral.com as well. Just to get more opinions. You may find someone who experienced the same thing.
    Susan

I wouldn't do much until you at least know what the fish has. Fish rub for many reasons except nothing. The cleaner may take care of the issue for you but as stated before keep a close eye on him for sudden changes in appearance or behavior. Every fish I had in my tank (12 in total) had an UGLY case of ICK and 2 cleaners took care of all them in less then a week. Since then i have added a UV.
    Rob

how's the angel doing? Colours fading & flashing doesn't sound good to me...I think the freshwater bath is a great idea, because alot of time parasites aren't visible (but a fresh H20 bath will tell you that if you've got parasites. (the water will have tiny specks in it, & you'll see a change in the fish too.)
    I've noticed that raising kids & fish are similar: Patience & dedication really pays off!